• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MISC: Rubik's Cube in Minecraft

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all,
Some of you out there may be interested in seeing this cube that Sethbling has finally gotten around to making in Minecraft.
It may interest some of you out there, so here you go:

I wonder how fast you could solve this thing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
I bet this will lag my computer to death...Look at all the redstone.

It is actually mostly done by command blocks. The only times it should really lag, even slightly, would be during scrambling using the switch as it creates a 'Seth randomiser' circuit.
It may lag slightly because of the small circuit to detect your placing of the block to turn the cube, but I doubt that the tiny amount of redstone would affect you that much.

D

Deleted member 19792

I normally lag a lot when I have anything with lots of redstone but this doesn't seem to lag at all (or maybe there is lag but it's not enough for me to notice?).

It is not really run on full redstone pistons anymore. It is run on command blocks using the internal server. Very very clean.

Hi all,
Some of you out there may be interested in seeing this cube that Sethbling has finally gotten around to making in Minecraft.
It may interest some of you out there, so here you go:

I wonder how fast you could solve this thing...

There have been two more Minecraft-Rubiks-Cubes

One that was run on pistons

and another one that was created by using a Bukkit plugin (I am trying to replicate it for 1.6.4 :D) called RedstoneChips that allow you to make wireless noteblock songs or slot machines. So there was an idea to make rubiks cubes as well xD

Minecraft server: mc.strakerak.com

Last edited by a moderator:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I normally lag a lot when I have anything with lots of redstone but this doesn't seem to lag at all (or maybe there is lag but it's not enough for me to notice?).

Most of the lag comes from the lighting updates from the redstone. I think redstone gives off a light level of 7 so if everything is above that already no updates I think.