• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mathemetical Principle: God's Number is 21

gavinmok

One of the paper in the latest 'Mathemetical Principle' said, any status of a Rubik's Cube could be finished in no more than 21 steps.

Since the Rubik's Cube was invented, many scholars believe that there was number named God's Number. In no more than this number of steps, all status could be finished. But no body has proved it without listing all possible status.

Danish Cruzc, the author of this article, who is a PHD mentor of Denmark Loyal Mathematics Inistitue, leaded his researching team for 5 years. His team analyzed with solid geometry and algebra logic, and imitated the proving mentality of 'Four-Color Hypothesis' which was one of the 3 famous hypothesis, and got the result of 21-steps finally.

During the interview Danish explained, this was shocked both in mathematical world and Rubik's Cube world. As for the reason why it is 21 but not 19 or 18, it is almost the same as why it was published on April 1st. The God created the rule, and we found it.

Here's the link: http://www.cutimer.com/article/Y20170401 :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

efattah

Pretty sure this a (decidedly poor) April fools but just in case anyone is fooled God's number is 20 in HTM and 26 is QTM and conjectured to be 18 in STM
http://www.cube20.org/

What I find truly baffling is that with God's number of 18 in STM, it means that many 1LLL cases are solved with essentially the same number of moves as a fully scrambled cube. With some 1LLL cases taking 16-18 moves, it means that even with the first two layers solved, the cube is no closer to being solved than when it was fully scrambled.

WCA
2013CABR01
What I find truly baffling is that with God's number of 18 in STM, it means that many 1LLL cases are solved with essentially the same number of moves as a fully scrambled cube. With some 1LLL cases taking 16-18 moves, it means that even with the first two layers solved, the cube is no closer to being solved than when it was fully scrambled.
having the first two layers solved and one layer not solved actually restricts you a lot more than you would think.

efattah

having the first two layers solved and one layer not solved actually restricts you a lot more than you would think.

This is why I have been so active developing new methods. Although CFOP with OLLCP/ZBLL still dominates, it seems it can't be the best method if solving the first two layers doesn't get you any closer (mathematically) to a solved cube. It seems to me that whatever the last step is in any method, it should have a God's number of 9 (STM) or less. Meaning you are at least mathematically half way solved.

Spencer131

WCA
2017CHUB02
This is why I have been so active developing new methods. Although CFOP with OLLCP/ZBLL still dominates, it seems it can't be the best method if solving the first two layers doesn't get you any closer (mathematically) to a solved cube. It seems to me that whatever the last step is in any method, it should have a God's number of 9 (STM) or less. Meaning you are at least mathematically half way solved.
I think roux fits that criteria. Lse is about 15 move avg with eolr.

L

lucarubik

what does stm/sqtm mean¿? i know its suuuuch a stupid question but i just cant find any answer but short term memory, macky's glossary straight trolled me
*wait, there is no way the s stands for single right? no way there is a half turn move notation a single turn move and a quarter turn move one, being the last two the same, right? no way the rubiks cube comunity allows this to be this confusing, right?

DTCuber

One of the paper in the latest 'Mathemetical Principle' said, any status of a Rubik's Cube could be finished in no more than 21 steps.

Since the Rubik's Cube was invented, many scholars believe that there was number named God's Number. In no more than this number of steps, all status could be finished. But no body has proved it without listing all possible status.

Danish Cruzc, the author of this article, who is a PHD mentor of Denmark Loyal Mathematics Inistitue, leaded his researching team for 5 years. His team analyzed with solid geometry and algebra logic, and imitated the proving mentality of 'Four-Color Hypothesis' which was one of the 3 famous hypothesis, and got the result of 21-steps finally.

During the interview Danish explained, this was shocked both in mathematical world and Rubik's Cube world. As for the reason why it is 21 but not 19 or 18, it is almost the same as why it was published on April 1st. The God created the rule, and we found it.

Here's the link: http://www.cutimer.com/article/Y20170401 :rolleyes:

cheeky ;)

Teoidus

makes it even sadder to think that some PLLs are literally 21 HTM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Help, support & suggestions 19