• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Marcin Zalewski banned from WCA competitions until June 2016

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can definitely judge whether they did a fair job because it's public! All of us can see what was DNF'd and what wasn't.

yada yada yada

The stuff about Matyas doesn't matter. It's something totally different and I would appreciate it if you didn't use him as an example.

The point I was making was:

- You actually don't have all the information about the incident. Even in the post, they said the decision was made on "past character, responsibilities and responses," and this may not be the extent of unknown information.
- If you do the crime, be prepared for the punishment. The WDC decided that this was appropriate based on prior information and responses they received, and whether we think he was able to cheat or not at these competitive that were disqualified, it was decided that the disqualification was deserved.

I'd appreciate it if you would make more informed posts that don't indirectly mock the people that give their own time into doing these investigations.

josh42732

Let's just go back to being one big happy cubing family! We have the best community on the planet, and people are throwing it away like it is garbage over one world record holder, who still has more records that didn't get eliminated. There is still Feliks, Noah, Oliver, and many other cubers that are still fun to watch. Although Maskow was and still is my favorite MBLD solver, he should have known better. Please let's forget about this and not point fingers at each other and go back to happily cubing. Please?

JasonDL13

WCA
2014LEWI02
I fail to see how anyone is being a jerk. It would appear you have nothing left to say and are you using the "Everyones being mean to me!" card as a last resort.

Stefan Pochmann said I should said being annoying, which I never tried to be. Kit Clement, and I'm unsure of the word, but when I said: "The stuff about Matyas doesn't matter. It's something totally different and I would appreciate it if you didn't use him as an example." at the end of his message he said: "I'd appreciate it if you would make more informed posts that don't indirectly mock the people that give their own time into doing these investigations." which is basically just making fun of me by using the last line of my message.

I know it sounds like I have nothing left to say and using the everyone is being mean to me thing, but I just don't want to continue the argument.

This is getting pretty off topic, but Stefan Pochmann already explained why the 23.80 thing doesn't matter. And Kit Clement explained his side. So it's over.

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stefan Pochmann said I should said being annoying, which I never tried to be. Kit Clement, and I'm unsure of the word, but when I said: "The stuff about Matyas doesn't matter. It's something totally different and I would appreciate it if you didn't use him as an example." at the end of his message he said: "I'd appreciate it if you would make more informed posts that don't indirectly mock the people that give their own time into doing these investigations." which is basically just making fun of me by using the last line of my message.

I know it sounds like I have nothing left to say and using the everyone is being mean to me thing, but I just don't want to continue the argument.

This is getting pretty off topic, but Stefan Pochmann already explained why the 23.80 thing doesn't matter. And Kit Clement explained his side. So it's over.

Thank you for replying, your opinion is important to us.

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel

I was of the same opinion as you, until it was explained as well. How about we all cut each other some slack, not everyone is perfect in this community!

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
THANK YOU. Someone gets it.

Pretty sure only one person doesn't get it.

I don't really care anymore. Everyone seems to be being a jerk now, so whatever.

Your own fault for stupidly digging yourself into a hole.

Let's just go back to being one big happy cubing family! We have the best community on the planet, and people are throwing it away like it is garbage over one world record holder, who still has more records that didn't get eliminated. There is still Feliks, Noah, Oliver, and many other cubers that are still fun to watch. Although Maskow was and still is my favorite MBLD solver, he should have known better. Please let's forget about this and not point fingers at each other and go back to happily cubing. Please?

Lol you're new here. Don't worry, this is nothing.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Finger pointing and stupid debates on speedsolving?! Never!

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
That was pretty stupid for him, considering he is (was) capable of such times without cheating. At least he has admitted his fault.
The delegate's behaviour is just unacceptable.
I find the WDC's decisions, also the one regarding Maskow, to be perfectly fair.
Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: random orientation sucks.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
P.S.: random orientation sucks.

Otherwise I agree with your post but I don't understand why BLDers hate random orientation so much...

It is same situation for every solver so it is as fair as possible.
And it is by far the easiest way to guarantee fair circumstances to all solvers.
Also I like it because we use RANDOM scrambles and if you know where some stickers (center stickers in the case of orientation) will be before seeing the cube then the scramble is not truly random by strict definition.

In other words: I think orientating the cube by yourself is just a natural part of the solve and not some artificial hindrance put there only to annoy BLDers...
We don't let CFOPers to build their cross ready before they start the timer or Rouxers to build their first block before starting the timer so why should we let BLDers "solve" their centers before starting the timer?

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Otherwise I agree with your post but I don't understand why BLDers hate random orientation so much...

And it is by far the easiest way to guarantee fair circumstances to all solvers.
Also I like it because we use RANDOM scrambles and if you know where some stickers (center stickers in the case of orientation) will be before seeing the cube then the scramble is not truly random by strict definition.

In other words: I think orientating the cube by yourself is just a natural part of the solve and not some artificial hindrance put there only to annoy BLDers...
We don't let CFOPers to build their cross ready before they start the timer or Rouxers to build their first block before starting the timer so why should we let BLDers "solve" their centers before starting the timer?
Yes, I know it's right to have the cube randomly oriented. My statement was to be read more like you would read "OLL parity sucks". It does, but we gotta deal with it.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

few people like +2s or Dnfs, that doesn't mean we don't see why they exist.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We have the best community on the planet

Doubtful / arrogant.

and people are throwing it away like it is garbage over one world record holder, who still has more records that didn't get eliminated.

Which ones do you mean?

(nobody else answer, please)

Stefan Pochmann said I should said being annoying, which I never tried to be.

You keep saying that as if you could only be annoying when trying to be...

Last edited: