• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Marcin Zalewski banned from WCA competitions until June 2016

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Marcin Zalewski's WR BLD solves were DNFed because he knew the orientation sometimes o_O
Read the WCA post more carefully: only his 3bld solves from Cuber's Eve 2013 until SLS Chorzow 2014 (inclusive) are being DNFed, so he gets to keep his first WR (23.80) which he set at Polish Nationals 2013, and no one (except himself) beat it until after that timeframe.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ouch, rough stuff. Well, to be honest, it's an understandable type of cheating for a very fast BLD solver, so I definitely believe it. A year and a half is a significant punishment, but not crazy and not as much as some other people in the past who did much worse things, so that's good. And I'd certainly feel a lot better losing a good solve because I knew the orientation than because the scramble was wrong :p

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Oh ******... :(

Well at least he had enough sense to admit it. And also it's very worrying that even the delegate was in this same plot with him...
Delegates should be the ones we can trust (well obviously everyone should be but at least the delegates)

IulianS

WCA
2013STEA01
Marcin it definitely good, then her disqualification is indifferent. The shocking thing is the delegate, 1 year is not enough.

aashritspidey

WCA
2013MAHE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well if zalewski got banned for orientation, I'm afraid this has to be considered too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2tKYvDH2g
Most of his cubes are in his favourable orientation(and are in packs of 8 [ Which i don't really think matters]) This basically saves close to 45-50 seconds. Whatever the amount of time it is, It sure is an advantage to the competitor

P.S Don't mistake me. BLD Is my favourite event as maskow is My idol.

Last edited: