• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[MarcelP] Last Layer trainer

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks heaps for this awesome assistant. I just saw it in your sig and am glad I did. Thanks a bunch :D This will definitely help my LL speed :D Hooray.
It also adds the element of not knowing the alg you are about to have to use, so it is great. Thank you :D
Best LL Trainer I have seen! Badmephisto should replace the one on his site with this one :D

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
This looks really sweet! Looks similar to my OLL/PLL trainer but bigger/better. Have you thought of porting something like this to browser and Javascript?

EDIT: Also, any chance of keeping track of the average times on per-case basis?

Last edited:

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This looks really sweet! Looks similar to my OLL/PLL trainer but bigger/better. Have you thought of porting something like this to browser and Javascript?

I have been thinking about this myself because I have an IPad. Apple does not allow jars to be runned. Bleh... So yes, I think I will make a version with JQuery (Java script wrapper) for HTML.

EDIT: Also, any chance of keeping track of the average times on per-case basis?

Hmm, ok, I will have to implement a database like MySql or Derby or something. Might not be that hard though.. Give me a few weeks.

omer

I have been thinking about this myself because I have an IPad. Apple does not allow jars to be runned. Bleh... So yes, I think I will make a version with JQuery (Java script wrapper) for HTML.

Hmm, ok, I will have to implement a database like MySql or Derby or something. Might not be that hard though.. Give me a few weeks.
It could be done easily if you just save the data in a file, a database might be too much

puzzled

If you're not familiar with it, I can strongly recommend http://www.sqlite.org/. It's a top quality file-based sql database. Very easy to use, no need for running a database server etc.

Also, for a web-based port, HTML5 browsers (including Safari) support local databases (typically through sqlite): http://blog.darkcrimson.com/2010/05/local-databases/

Going to test your program now!

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay,

Version 2 is released.

Download scrambler_v2_0_0.jar here

For Badmephisto I implemented a embedded database so I could store solves.
ScramblerV2_0_0-01.png

And for my self I added a feature to reverse a scramble. Very handy if you join the Fewest moves competition:
ScramblerV2_0_0-02.png

ScramblerV2_0_0-03.png

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
nice, v2 looks good! I still really want to see this as a webapp though, sorry! :D You can do everything here in Javascript, this doesn't even have to have any server attached to it. Though, I think you once mentioned keeping track of these statistics for users over multiple sessions, in which case that is necessary. One other alternative is to make it a Chrome/Firefox extension and use Local Storage (part of new HTML5 spec) to save these stats on local. But probably going with a server is the best idea. I'd build this with node.js or django for server and using Heroku for hosting.

KongShou: please don't learn Java. Lets leave this horrible mistake of history of man ever die slowly and peacefully. Learn web technology-based development, and for programming languages Python and Javascript; I'd most recomment MOOC classes from Udacity/Coursera/EdX to learn basics. For example, Game Programming in HTML5 class on Udacity: https://www.udacity.com/course/cs255

Jchap808

Is there compatible with osx (Mac)?

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there compatible with osx (Mac)?

It should, but I don't have a Mac myself so I have not tested it.

nice, v2 looks good! I still really want to see this as a webapp though, sorry! :D You can do everything here in Javascript, this doesn't even have to have any server attached to it. Though, I think you once mentioned keeping track of these statistics for users over multiple sessions, in which case that is necessary. One other alternative is to make it a Chrome/Firefox extension and use Local Storage (part of new HTML5 spec) to save these stats on local. But probably going with a server is the best idea. I'd build this with node.js or django for server and using Heroku for hosting.

I think I will look into it. Sounds like fun anyway. It's just that I have a demanding job and a family with small children and doing a bachelor study at night. So it might take a while. ;)

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know the names, but the images ant the algs of the two dots OLLs in post #60 are swapped. And now that I'm here I think I'm going to finally give a try to your OLL trainer. How many of them do you know now?

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How many of them do you know now?

I know 43 OLL's by now. I have not added new OLL's because I have a competition upcomming, but I am dedicated to learn the rest after the competition. With my program I can learn OLL's quite fast.

I don't know the names, but the images ant the algs of the two dots OLLs in post #60 are swapped.

That might be true. I am not the accurate person I should be. ;) You can fix any mistake I made simply by altering the text files with the correct algorithms. Btw, these are the algs I prefer, this might not be the case for you. You should look at the OLL alg page on the wiki before choosing what algs you want to learn.

Last edited: