• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets Discussion and Help thread

WCA
2018BRUM01
You should use 6x2 N52 magnets in all big cubes. JK. What 7x7, 8x8, and 9x9 do you plan to magnetize? If it is like a small mf9, then you should go for 3x2 or 3x1, or maybe even 2x1. N35, or N50 should work just fine, and both of those can give you a quite strong feel based on where you put the magnet. If you are working with a shengshou 7x7 on the other hand, then you are better off going for bigger magnets, because those have giant layers. Magnets can be bought on ebay for way cheap, but they take a while to ship. Hopefully that helps.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should use 6x2 N52 magnets in all big cubes. JK. What 7x7, 8x8, and 9x9 do you plan to magnetize? If it is like a small mf9, then you should go for 3x2 or 3x1, or maybe even 2x1. N35, or N50 should work just fine, and both of those can give you a quite strong feel based on where you put the magnet. If you are working with a shengshou 7x7 on the other hand, then you are better off going for bigger magnets, because those have giant layers. Magnets can be bought on ebay for way cheap, but they take a while to ship. Hopefully that helps.
Meilong 7x7, Shengshou Tank 8x8 (and maybe G8), and Little Magic 9x9.

So 6x2 N52 for all pieces? That seems like it would be really strong.

TheCube4226

WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, this is a long set of very specific pieces of information that I'm looking for, and I'm really hoping somebody will be able to help me out. I've been all over the internet for the past hour or so, and I can't find the magnet size or strength (for anybody familiar with magnets) for any of the following cubes:

Factory WeiLong GTS2 M
Factory WeiLong GTS3 M
Factory WeiLong WR M
Cubicle Labs MF3RS2 M
Cubicle Labs Little Magic M 3x3
Factory YJ YuLong V2 M
Factory YJ MGC 3x3
Factory YuXin HuangLong M 3x3
Factory GAN 354 M
Factory YueXiao EDM
Factory YJ MGC 2x2
Cubicle Labs WeiPo M

I know how crazy this question is but I figured if anyone would know any of the information I could find them here. Thank you in advance and I apologize for how overwhelming and tedious this question is!

TheCube4226

WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What magnets should i get for my MF3RS3?
I know this is a few weeks late but I magnetized my RS3 with 5x1 N48 on the edges and 4x1 N48 on the corners. You may want marginally stronger magnets since this is a fast puzzle with the rights springs, but it's up to personal preference. I have another RS3 that I magneted with all 4x1 N48 but those feel far too weak. Hope this helps!

Mlange90

Does anyone know what size the slots are in the YUEXIAO E???

Not sure if anyone has tried this yet. I got the yuexiao e from scs, and a n35 magnetic conversion kit. The magnets are 4x2. While the 4 diameter fit perfect in the slots on the edges, they were a little too high. Sooooo, I looked on the cubicle and they have n48 magnets that are 4x1. I’m hoping they fit.

Really just wanted to put this out there, since there were no videos or tutorials on this (that I could find).

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Help, I am purchasing a GTS2M, but want feedback on magnets.
From reading thecubicle, I have discovered an abundance of reviews talking about the ease of magnets falling out. Please help, anyone who owns a GTS2M.
Do they fall out easily? How many magnets are there in the cube? And is it easy to reattach them?

Last edited:

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

What glue will work best with gluing the magnets to the pieces. Don't want to take the effort in magnetising for the magnets to fall out and rattle in the cube :).

Mlange90

Hello,

What glue will work best with gluing the magnets to the pieces. Don't want to take the effort in magnetising for the magnets to fall out and rattle in the cube :).

I just use the glue that comes with kits from scs lol.