• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubix Ultimate Disgraced by "Cuber"

maggot

It is pointless to worry yourself over this. You're killing your own name by worrying yourself over petty things. Why not focus your energy on healthcare reform in america, maybe then someone will care =(

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
Jesus ******* Christ.
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS.
Threads like these are the reason I sometimes question the community.
I know there are plenty of you out there that are mature and awesome.
And then there are just idiots....why do we seem to attract them? I'm really getting tired of **** like this. :p

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jesus ******* Christ.
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS.
Threads like these are the reason I sometimes question the community.
I know there are plenty of you out there that are mature and awesome.
And then there are just idiots....why do we seem to attract them? I'm really getting tired of **** like this. :p

You're not helping. Just don't continue to read if you don't want to be exposed to this kind of stuff.

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
I understand i'm not helping, but i'm just really getting tired of this.....
I'm sorry...
however can we get some mod action in here?

Innocence

I don't see what the problem is. If I modded some cube and then sold it to some kid that wasted it on fake solves I'd be annoyed too.

I found the OP very entertaining to read, and while it may be a little bit over the top, the message is true, people making the cubing community look stupid (ideally) need to be stopped. So what's the problem?

I find it extremely strange that somebody can make a thread based on one word being repeatedly said with different emphasis and everyone's fine with it, but everyone can be horribly offended by an equally amusing thread, that is also making a point.

aridus

From the perspective of a new but serious cuber, I can kind of understand why this is bad.

Youtube is full of crap, yes, which is bad enough when most people out there really don't understand cubing (especially speed cubing).

On the one hand, I don't care what people think, but on the other hand I also don't think it is fair to spread around inane crap. My family and people I know already think I'm a bit crazy and obsessed with cubes just because I learned how to solve in under 2 minutes. They don't understand why anyone would want to buy special cubes for solving, or why there are whole shops dedicated to it (and even dedicated to just selling stickers) They can't comprehend why someone would want to solve a cube so much that the stickers get worn off in a matter of weeks or months. They cannot understand why a cube I got for Christmas now looks like it has been thrown in a blender, just because I solved it hundreds and hundreds of times.

So if people can't get it already, I kind of understand the need to not make it look even more crazy and/or 'lame'.

tertius

Fine, man x threw a shoe at man y while man y was standing on a balcony.
Happy?

Yes, but then that 'guy' in Egypt will have thousands more shoe orders because 'his' shoe was thrown.

(I know a few of you will know about this situation)

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
From the perspective of a new but serious cuber, I can kind of understand why this is bad.

Youtube is full of crap, yes, which is bad enough when most people out there really don't understand cubing (especially speed cubing).

On the one hand, I don't care what people think, but on the other hand I also don't think it is fair to spread around inane crap. My family and people I know already think I'm a bit crazy and obsessed with cubes just because I learned how to solve in under 2 minutes. They don't understand why anyone would want to buy special cubes for solving, or why there are whole shops dedicated to it (and even dedicated to just selling stickers) They can't comprehend why someone would want to solve a cube so much that the stickers get worn off in a matter of weeks or months. They cannot understand why a cube I got for Christmas now looks like it has been thrown in a blender, just because I solved it hundreds and hundreds of times.

So if people can't get it already, I kind of understand the need to not make it look even more crazy and/or 'lame'.
I know how people stereotype cubers (yes, it happens...not to me, but just people like us in general) and it's hard to keep a good image when you have those few people that are just nuts that ruin it for everybody else. Either way....i feel you dude...

SoupFlies

WCA
2010CHAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't see what the problem is. If I modded some cube and then sold it to some kid that wasted it on fake solves I'd be annoyed too.

I found the OP very entertaining to read, and while it may be a little bit over the top, the message is true, people making the cubing community look stupid (ideally) need to be stopped. So what's the problem?

I find it extremely strange that somebody can make a thread based on one word being repeatedly said with different emphasis and everyone's fine with it, but everyone can be horribly offended by an equally amusing thread, that is also making a point.

Thank you, that is the point of this, I spent a good amount of my own time working on this cube. As opposed to most cube resellers, not to belittle them, who just grab the cube out of a box stuff it in an envelope and send it off. If that were the case my feelings would be extremely different.

Pyjam

Premium Member
My family and people I know already think I'm a bit crazy and obsessed with cubes just because I learned how to solve in under 2 minutes. They don't understand why anyone would want to buy special cubes for solving, or why there are whole shops dedicated to it (and even dedicated to just selling stickers) They can't comprehend why someone would want to solve a cube so much that the stickers get worn off in a matter of weeks or months. They cannot understand why a cube I got for Christmas now looks like it has been thrown in a blender, just because I solved it hundreds and hundreds of times.
But I suppose they understand why some people take time to train for football, soccer, base-ball, car races, and even running. Sometimes (or often, at high level) they even take drugs to be better. But speedcubing… oh no, what a waste of time ! You can't even win money or becoming famous with that !