• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Looking for New PC and Monitor

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
So I was thinking about getting a nice, cheap PC and monitor, and I need some suggestions. They need to cost a total of around $400-$450 (preferably under $400, if possible). They also both have to be new, as I don’t want to have to deal with any problems that the previous owner may have created. Any suggestions???

EDIT: (Obviously, I’d like as cheap as possible, but I realize that there aren’t really any good options <$200.)

Last edited:

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Depends. you can get a decent all in one computer off amazon, but if you want a seperate tower and monitor, you’re pushing it.
Heres a Pretty good AIO it’s pretty good, and it looks nice, but a little over your budget.
Heres a Slightly cheaper but not very good AIO. You can get cheaper, but from what I saw, none of them are worth it, as you are looking at something about the same or worse as the computers you would have at school.

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Depends. you can get a decent all in one computer off amazon, but if you want a seperate tower and monitor, you’re pushing it.
Heres a Pretty good AIO it’s pretty good, and it looks nice, but a little over your budget.
Heres a Slightly cheaper but not very good AIO. You can get cheaper, but from what I saw, none of them are worth it, as you are looking at something about the same or worse as the computers you would have at school.
I was actually looking at the first one before you posted that. It seems pretty good, and I think that I could cough up the extra $10 for it. I also figured out that my parents have an old Dell PC that I might be able to get working. The monitor is only about 14”, I think, so I’d have to invest in a new 18-20” monitor. Any suggestions for that? (assuming I can get the Dell working again)

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tbh since you have a sub 800 build I would just recommend getting a laptop + monitor.
It really adds up over time, if you want windows 10 you will have to pay an extra 110 dollars. You will also need a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet which will set you back another 70 dollars. Extra case fans + case, power supply, worrying it could try the entire build? Yeah, I don't think so.
Imo laptop is the way to go, if you want to game, get a laptop with a 1650 or 1650 ti, non gaming, get one with 8 GB ram and you should be set.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can get a sub 1000 build, a 600 pc (1650S intel i3-10100), a 200 monitor 165 hz hdmi, and other peripherals, but sub 500 its gonna be hard to find a pc that can handle gaming, but u didnt say that so just some hp desktops would work fine, the cheap ones.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I was actually looking at the first one before you posted that. It seems pretty good, and I think that I could cough up the extra $10 for it. I also figured out that my parents have an old Dell PC that I might be able to get working. The monitor is only about 14”, I think, so I’d have to invest in a new 18-20” monitor. Any suggestions for that? (assuming I can get the Dell working again)
costco. thats where I got mine

I have a 800ish dollar build

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can get a sub 1000 build, a 600 pc (1650S intel i3-10100), a 200 monitor 165 hz hdmi, and other peripherals, but sub 500 its gonna be hard to find a pc that can handle gaming, but u didnt say that so just some hp desktops would work fine, the cheap ones.
Why an intel processor tho? You can get so much more value out of a Ryzen chip these days, and then it comes with a cooler. You can get a Ryzen 5 1600af for the same price, and have 2 more cores and 4 more threads, which will definitely help you.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why an intel processor tho? You can get so much more value out of a Ryzen chip these days, and then it comes with a cooler. You can get a Ryzen 5 1600af for the same price, and have 2 more cores and 4 more threads, which will definitely help you.
we are talking about a prebuilt pc and i checked it and the price bumped up to 800-900, oof

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
sorry if I missed it, but what are you ginna be using it for mainly
I’m not going to be doing anything serious with it, I just want it to be able to handle more than 10 tabs open at a time, because my Chromebook kinda sucks at that. I think that that would mean I want a higher RAM?