• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

List of 5x5 Last 2 Edges Algorithms

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some time I hunted for a complete list of 5x5 edge parity algorithms but could not find one. So finally I decided I had to make one myself. I watched a YouTube video that gave me all the algorithms and when to use them then I copied it all down on a list that I would like to share with you all. I used the paint program on my computer to make it so it is the picture below.
5x5 pairty algorithms.png

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh... I didn't realize they were not parity. Sorry. Well it appears I just made a dumb mistake posting the list I was just trying to be nice and now I look like a moron since you were able to give a list that is five times better then mine in two seconds.

Hays

WCA
2009HAYS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
These are by no mean new or unknown to speedsolving.

Harsh. Especially since I was unable to find these myself until I asked Meep directly, and I would have personally found this thread helpful a few months ago.

loltitle; 3, 4, 5, and 6 are not parity

also, http://meep.cubing.net/l2e.html

Oh... I didn't realize they were not parity. Sorry. Well it appears I just made a dumb mistake posting the list I was just trying to be nice and now I look like a moron since you were able to give a list that is five times better then mine in two seconds.

Not dumb, just unaware. Explainable since they aren't the most easily accessible algorithms anyway.

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Hays:Thanks :) I hope someone will get some use out of it.

@Dene:Yeah, I guess it is the excact same stuff from bigcube.com. But for some odd reason I just now checked bigcube.com and it won't load the diagrams that come with the algs :/

@KirJava:I agree with you. :)

@PandaCuber:Er, do you mean my name? Just curious.

rcrum8

thanks for posting! and try and not let them get to ya. evidently unlike all of these other enlightened beings, I found this REALLY helpful

maggot

just while we're on the discussion of L2E... is there any cases that dont default to oll parity, wing swap, or solved after arranging (for lack of better word) the edges? i guess it seems like intuition is faster than actually recognizing the cases and then recalling the alg for it?

but, yes this is helpful for movecount so thx for posting =)

rcrum8

I think it's a lot more fun to solve it intuitively and I like that it feels like I have a lot better understanding of what is going on. What I do is actually just get it into the #3 position in the list from the first post by actually using the algorithm for the #3 position on the last two edges and moving them around a little. Getting pretty fast at it and only had to use the algorithm that I had learned when I picked up a 4x4. Hope this helps.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are a number of good sources for L2E algs - BigCubes, Meep, Sarah Strong and SirWaffle to name a few.

Whilst I was looking at their L2E algs, I noticed there isn't really a standard list of L2E cases. Cases are listed on some sources but not others and all of the individual sources tend to show 10 to 12 cases.

To satisfy my curiosity, I decided to figure out all of the unique cases (16 in total) and their respective probabilities. My results may be of interest to some people so I thought I'd share...

Latest links (2017-04-22):

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/relationship-of-oll-parity-pll-parity-l2e.64448/
http://cubing.mikeg.me.uk/algs/l2e.html#parity

Like other common alg sets (e.g. OLL and PLL) the different probabilities can be attributed to rotational symmetry.

Last edited: