• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Let's make June 22nd Dan Brown Day

Shoul we make June 22nd Dan Brown Day

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
I think a lot of people realized that Dan doesn't care about the community when he didn't want to attend a competition held in Omaha. People could suggest what he'd do, and he would hand pick stuff anyway, so instead of doing something like a competition, his "cube thing" was to meet Erno Rubik, and I doubt he's done that.

NinjaLamprey

WCA
2009matr01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't start of with his method, but we could just have a Cubing Day. We could eat only food that was one of the six original colors lol. I am thinking Jello, bannannas, jello, and more jello haha

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
June 13, 2008 was the day MeMyselfAndPi uploaded his first Rubik's cube solution video. I say we make June 13 MeMyselfAndPi day.

No, that was the day in 2009 that I placed 2nd in 2x2x2 (Anthony won) at my very first competition. I say we make June 13 Anthony day. :3

I just realized I have2046 posts! Isn't that significant, badmephisto? It's the reasons like that make you deserve your very own day.

Last edited:

CubeLTD

Premium Member
I'm not sure he was even talking to you...

If he' s not then I'm mistaken. :fp

June 13, 2008 was the day MeMyselfAndPi uploaded his first Rubik's cube solution video. I say we make June 13 MeMyselfAndPi day.

If everyone voted "no" to BLEEP would you vote "yes"?

No, since everyone voted no, and he taught me LL I see it that I should show some Loyalty and vote YES.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No! Screw Dan Brown!

He hasn't contributed to anything related to speedcubing... he did contribute to 'only' solving the cube.

I did learn from him though :p

Moss

Let's celebrate 16th December 2010, that's when I learned how to solve the Rubik's Cube.

This topic does not make any sense, it's not Dan Brown's method he just read the little book called "How to solve a Rubik's Cube?" which comes with your cube. As some persons mentioned above it would be better if we had an official cubing day.

Hodari

I started off with his method and in fact, I think seeing his video on Youtube was what got me interested in cubing in the first place, however...
While his video is good for people who just want to learn how to solve the cube at all, there are much better ones for anyone who wants to learn speedcubing. Within maybe a week or 2, I had switched from his method to Badmephisto's and I would say if there is anyne who should be recognized in some way or have their videos recommended to people on here, it would be Badmephisto.

On the other hand, there are also a number of other videos out there, so it might not be fair to single out just one person like this. Also, even if one person's method is better than another, it's always good to watch as many different ones as possible as many of them will have at least some useful tips or fingertricks that aren't in the others.

CoolGuyIsCool

Like a joke-holiday?
I mean, since so many people ridicule his videos, we should
Just for the laughs!

Status
Not open for further replies.