• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] LanLan 4x4x4

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Above Average

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Average

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Below Average

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dacubeful1

This thread is for reviews of the LanLan 4x4x4. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-Layer slices were iffy at first. I'm not sure why. After about an hour of solving, they're smooth as butter now. It's a damn good cube!

Last edited by a moderator:

KJ

Like you mentioned in the video, my least favorite thing is corner cutting. I got one, and like you, an arm broke off. It turned really good, but my new one I need to lubricate. Since i'm ten years old, it's too big for my hands, but anyway, it's good.

KJ

LanLan 4x4 [Review]

This thread is for reviews of the LanLan 4x4. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted below average. I'm a person who likes a cube with above average corner cutting, especially for the middle layer. The LanLan cube not only has poor corner cutting, but it is completely nonexistent, in regards to the middle layer. However, the outer layer corner cuts are decent, and makes the 3x3 stage of solving my favorite(on this cube). The cube feels like it needs a snapping mechanism; overly smooth turning causes me to overestimate the amount I need to turn the puzzle. Combining this with a poor corner cutting feature creates a puzzle that is very unresponsive.

There are a few positives to the cube, though. My Lanlan 4x4 cost a mere $4.99, and the stickers are of adequate quality. As mentioned earlier, the cube's outer layer corner cutting is nice, and helps when solving the cube.

Overall, I found the cube a good beginner's cube, but it's quite short of anything speedsolvable.

KJ

Where: Amazon
When: A month or so ago
Thoughts: Corner cutting is bad, but it still turns well. OK for an $8 cube.

EDIT
Just saw NinjaStorm's post, and I got it for 8 bucks. You got yours for 5?!

ANOTHER EDIT
Another good thing is that it doesn't pop at all. So a good cube, kinda. I bet my times would decrease if the cube were smaller.(I'm 10 years old)

Last edited:

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got mine on Amazon too, and I always go for the lowest priced cube.

Like, I'm tempted to buy a $3.00 Lanlan 2x2(these aren't actually that bad, a neighbor has one).

Neither of my 4x4 puzzles pop.

KJ

Why is the 4x4 that you bought($4.99) about the same as the 2x2?($3)?????:confused::confused::confused:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where the puzzle was purchased: iCubeMart
When the puzzle was purchased: November? December? October? Don't remember, but it was sometime around then of last year (2011).
Thoughts on the puzzle: Corner cutting is bad, but it's fairly fast turning for a 4x4. It feels sort of like an FII. I think it's a little too large to be used comfortably. It doesn't pop, but it's easy to disassemble. Stickers are pretty good. Haven't chipped or peeled yet, but I don't really use it. I would recommend it to a beginner though. My sister actually bought it herself, because she wanted to learn and do 4x4 (which she STILL can't do. :fp). I use it some though to see how decent it is, its pros and cons, etc...

mrpotatoman14

Where: E3cubestore
When: December
Thoughts: It's actually a very fast and smooth cube but there is one major problem. The inner layers have literally no corner cutting making the speed they have useless. The outers are decent but on the inners you lock up on almost every turn. So I gave it a below average.