• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KSolve Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theVDude

I want to get a few algs for the megaminx and wanted to use KSolve for it, but I'm totally lost as to how to use it.

Also, has there been any work on the solver Sébastien.felix had been working on a few months ago?

I want something that can get me optimal solutions for puzzles other than just the cubes.

Any help would be, well, really helpful.

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You need to create a definition-file that describes the properties of the megaminx. I think that the only reference are the existing definition-files bundled with ksolve. But if you are lucky then Käre will read this and provide a better answer ;-)

theVDude

Well, I'm figuring it out, kinda.

It's not as confusing as it was last night, but I'm still not so sure how I'm going to work the megaminx on it. I'll see what I can get done. :D

DELToS

Sorry to bump such an ancient thread, but I'm having trouble with kSolve, it downloaded on my Mac as a .rar file, what application do I use to open it? theres no application to open it by default.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry to bump such an ancient thread, but I'm having trouble with kSolve, it downloaded on my Mac as a .rar file, what application do I use to open it? theres no application to open it by default.

Have you read the readme? I don't know if it's different on Mac, but for me it says:

You can run ksolve+ from the command line, using a command like this:
ksolve puzzle.def scramble.txt

YTCuber

It is a user interface that is navigated by typing commands at prompts, instead of using the mouse. [from here]
To open it: press Super+R, type cmd and press Enter (for newer Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.