• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Kai Jiptner Multi BLD 10/10 in 42:06

KJiptner

WCA
2007JIPT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Part 1:

Part 2:

Thanks to Pasquale Lombardozzi for the video.
I just realized how many delays my execution had. I thought it was more fluent - besides the 2nd cube, where I forgot the first 2 corner targets.

This video shows the last cube only:

Thanks to Tim's girlfriend Katja for the video!

Last edited by a moderator:

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The more i think about your memo time the more i think it's just amazingly fast for an attempt in a competition.
Btw. Katja's earplugs for the win. I used them last year and got 24/24 :). (And i should've worn them again this year...)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw. Katja's earplugs for the win. I used them last year and got 24/24 :). (And i should've worn them again this year...)

I agree - earplugs are necessary for multi. I didn't use them at the Ohio Open because I've decided earplugs are bad for big cubes BLD. I don't like them for 4x4x4 BLD or 5x5x5 BLD. But for multi the atmosphere is different, and it really helps to wear them.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats Kai! 10/10 in one hour is an awesome record, wish I could have been there to see it!

@Mike and @Tim - I use ear plugs and thick earmuffs always, for any BLD event. Sometimes I am lazy for 3x3x3 BLD and only use earmuffs (better than ear plugs), but I almost always use both. I think they help incredibly so for concentration. I can't imagine ever solving BLD again without using some sort of earplug or earmuff to block the noise.

Chris

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
awesome ! this is my 1st time watching a cuber can finished Multi BLD 10/10 and in 1 hour !

It was not 10/10 in an hour, it was in 42 minutes!

I did 5/5 in 47 minutes on Saturday, he did 10/10 in 42 minutes on Sunday. The more I think about that, the more I realize that Kai's a beast. ;) I totally see Dennis, Tim, Kai, and Mike battling it out in this event for a while to come. Who knows, maybe Rowe and others will join the fight aswell. :)

Edit: It's kind of funny that we both forgot what to do in one of our earlier cube's corners, so we put it aside and came back to it at the end. I'm sure you've all seen his video. Here's a link to mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03H4uarO9Q

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did 5/5 in 47 minutes on Saturday, he did 10/10 in 42 minutes on Sunday. The more I think about that, the more I realize that Kai's a beast. ;) I totally see Dennis, Tim, Kai, and Mike battling it out in this event for a while to come. Who knows, maybe Rowe and others will join the fight aswell. :)
*cough* Mondo *cough*
:) :) :)

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
*cough* Mondo *cough*
He's stupid. He can't try less than 50 :)

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
*cough* Mondo *cough*

Ville?

blah

brah

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
*cough* Mondo *cough*

Ville?

Secretly practicing huh?

It would be nice to see Ville try it, but I thought he didn't have enough cubes.