• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Journey to sub 15

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Yes I know 57 algorithms in one day is insane but I am doing it I started at 3:30 p.m. Eastern time and have already learned 33 algorithms. Not counting All edges oriented.

Why did you start so late? And what are you at currently? And how many have you forgotten so far? And next learn ZBLL in an hour

goidlon

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everbody I was so focused on learning algs last night that I did not check here. To answer ProStar's question about where I am right now I finished learning oll at 7:36 p.m. eastern time

I used to average 19. But now I am averaging mid 17s Still trying to get sub 15. Also I will change the title of this thread to Journey to sub 15

good luck!

thanks for the algs they really helped me by the way

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Hey everbody I was so focused on learning algs last night that I did not check here. To answer ProStar's question about where I am right now I finished learning oll at 7:36 p.m. eastern time
I used to average 19. But now I am averaging mid 17s Still trying to get sub 15. Also I will change the title of this thread to Journey to sub 15
thanks for the algs they really helped me by the way

Nice triple post. Do you still remember all of them?

goidlon

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well to answer your questions I used the cube skills OLL PDF and I used Chris Olsons algs.

It took me about 4 hours to learn it all and I did it by finding the algs that were hardest for me and getting them out of the way by doing them first.

It took me about 4 to 5 minutes to perfect each algorithm.

The hardest set for me was knight move shapes.

Also I did not use mirrors.

By the way any tips on how to get to sub 15 would be appreciated

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well to answer your questions I used the cube skills OLL PDF and I used Chris Olsons algs.

It took me about 4 hours to learn it all and I did it by finding the algs that were hardest for me and getting them out of the way by doing them first.

It took me about 4 to 5 minutes to perfect each algorithm.

The hardest set for me was knight move shapes.

Also I did not use mirrors.

By the way any tips on how to get to sub 15 would be appreciated
I was averaging around 17 a few weeks ago and decided to grind before a comp. I did like an ao100 every day for a week and without learning any algs I got sub 15. My averages in comp were 15.67 and 15.19 which both had counting 16.5s rip. I will try to learn full OLL this week. (I currently know full PLL and 21 OLLs)