• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is this scramble lucky or easy/ or both?

Is this scrambe -

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an upcoming minor WCA competion, the 2x2x2 scramble ends up having a 4-move solution that nobody else spotted. A guy who normally averages around 9 seconds/solve pulls off a .77 for a new world record!!! I nicely mention that he was rather "lucky" to have that scramble show up in a comp, but he immediately begins attacking me, saying that in no way was that scramble "lucky", and that by convention, it could only be described as "easy". What do you think?

Last edited:
well it depends on the situation, if it was a case where he skipped a couple of steps then it's lucky. If he saw how it could be solved without using a method then it was easy. That's my run on it.

Yeah, he told me that he skillfully used the first 4 moves so that he could skip all the rest of the other steps.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You really felt the need to make another thread so you could lose the same debate again?

I actually won the 1st one, but you don't know that yet.

Where's the option on the poll that says "i'm an idiot for making this thread?"

I could put one in for you next time.
You're such an ignorant little troll. Be careful, you may awaken the powerful banhammer.

moogra

well it depends on the situation, if it was a case where he skipped a couple of steps then it's lucky. If he saw how it could be solved without using a method then it was easy. That's my run on it.

Yeah, he told me that he skillfully used the first 4 moves so that he could skip all the rest of the other steps.

Luck is not skill though. You can't be good at being lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.