• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is this scramble acceptable??

Arnav22

Hey guys, I average around 5.5 secs with Ortega. My pb(which would be former if this scramble is right) is 2.33 secs.I was doing an avg of 50 on the cstimer today when I came across this scramble:
U2 R' U2 F2 U2 R' U' R' U'
The breakdown of the solve was-
Inspection: y z'
Solve: R U R' U2.
5 [email protected] tps= 0.51 secs solve.
I want to know if this scramble was just a glitch or I have got my new pb ;)
Please help me out with this guys.

Last edited:

xyzzy

Hey guys, I average around 5.5 secs with Ortega. My pb(which would be former if this scramble is right) is 2.33 secs.I was doing an avg of 50 on the cstimer today when I came across this scramble:
U2 R' U2 F2 U2 R' U' R' U'
The breakdown of the solve was-
Inspection: y z'
Solve: R U R' U2.
5 [email protected] tps= 0.51 secs solve.
I want to know if this scramble was just a glitch or I have got my new pb ;)
Please help me out with this guys.
Why wouldn't it be acceptable? Grats on the new PB.

(… however, you'll find that people generally don't place too much importance on 2×2×2 singles because they're extremely luck-based.)

Thom S.

Is there any minimum move limit for all the events' solves to be valid??

There is, it's researchable at the WCAs website, but you won't ever encounter that, since all the official scramblers have a check for if the generated scramble optimally takes enough moves to be legal