• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is there an archive for the scrambles from the speedsolving.com weekly competition?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have thought a few times recently that I really should provide that. It wouldn't be hard to do; they are in the database and easily displayed if I add the capability. (They are currently visible in the Fewest Moves results page for each week, so you can see those easily by displaying the results for Fewest Moves for any given week. But unfortunately that is the only event that has this.) I am preparing a database export that will hopefully be available in the next few weeks that will have them all.

Note that we have not entered the scrambles into the database from competitions before 2012 yet. I am hoping to get that done (as well as adding all fewest moves solves and explanations) sometime later this year.

However, in the meantime, if you will use the search bar at the top of the forum and search for the year-week number, such as "2019-05", INCLUDING THE QUOTES (it doesn't work properly if you don't include the quotes), you will find in the "Community Search Results" (not always the "Google Search Results", but almost always in the "Community Search Results") a link to that week's competition forum page, where all the scrambles are listed in the first posting. So perhaps that can give you what you want?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I added a button to show the scrambles in the Weeks statistics page. Note that for some of the older competitions, the Scrambles button won't show anything - prior to 2012 (and for some of the early weeks in 2017) we did not add the scrambles to the database - they only exist in the forum pages. But sometime this year I hope to add all the scrambles to the database.

Also, this does slow down the loading of a week's data somewhat. I may have to play with it a bit to see if I can get the speed back up; sorry if it is an inconvenience at the moment. If I can't get the speed up, I may decide to add a setting checkbox to allow you to select whether or not to make scrambles available.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I added a button to show the scrambles in the Weeks statistics page. Note that for some of the older competitions, the Scrambles button won't show anything - prior to 2012 (and for some of the early weeks in 2017) we did not add the scrambles to the database - they only exist in the forum pages. But sometime this year I hope to add all the scrambles to the database.

Also, this does slow down the loading of a week's data somewhat. I may have to play with it a bit to see if I can get the speed back up; sorry if it is an inconvenience at the moment. If I can't get the speed up, I may decide to add a setting checkbox to allow you to select whether or not to make scrambles available.

to prevent it from slowing down what about loading the scramble with ajax from an external script?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
to prevent it from slowing down what about loading the scramble with ajax from an external script?
That is certainly worth trying. But I think the biggest part of the slowness was probably due to the bug I fixed this morning that was causing Google Chrome to display improperly; now that it's fixed, it seems to be almost as fast as before. So I think this will be a pretty low-priority fix, unless other people notice big problems with it. So many other things I want to do first! (Like the database export!)

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

Nice. I did notice the scrambles were displayed, so I thought I had made a mistake in asking for that feature, as it must have already been there. However, after reading this, I was surprised at how fast I got a reply, and it only lets me know the cubing community is still as helpful as it ever was. Thanks a million!