• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is my keyhole tutorial ok?

SenorJuan

Constructive criticism ?
Please, NO background music.... just you and the cube.
It would be logical to start by demonstrating the two basic keyhole techniques : inserting a first-layer corner using an empty middle-layer edge slot; and inserting a middle-layer edge using an empty first-layer corner.
Then move on to advanced techniques, tricks.
I posted a few tricks in this thread, they may be of interest:
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/keyhole-method.63735/

kubesolver

Premium Member
I think the tutorial is not bad.

- I like your voice
- I like the amount of information in a single video
- I think you cover the concept well
- I like to-the-point approach without long intro and outro

Having said that, there are some things I don't like and I would wrap it up in a "too high noise-to-signal ratio".

- There are a lot of parts that are not essential to the tutorial like you trying to figure out a way to setup some case.
- Some parts obscure your points (like the incorrectly executed sequences).
- Some parts I find questionable and not thought out well, like suggestion to do keyhole triple-sexy, when triple sexy itself preserves solved edge so can be done directly on the target slot.
- The music I find distracting.
- Your camera loses and regains focus
- You move cube too much. I would prefer if it was more stable

Steve AC

I think the tutorial is not bad.

- I like your voice
- I like the amount of information in a single video
- I think you cover the concept well
- I like to-the-point approach without long intro and outro

Having said that, there are some things I don't like and I would wrap it up in a "too high noise-to-signal ratio".

- There are a lot of parts that are not essential to the tutorial like you trying to figure out a way to setup some case.
- Some parts obscure your points (like the incorrectly executed sequences).
- Some parts I find questionable and not thought out well, like suggestion to do keyhole triple-sexy, when triple sexy itself preserves solved edge so can be done directly on the target slot.
- The music I find distracting.
- Your camera loses and regains focus
- You move cube too much. I would prefer if it was more stable
Thank you, these tips will go toward furure endevours. :)