• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is m2 worth it?

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
arvidskarrie
I've tried very much, including E2, M3 and KBCM, but I found that Y2KM6 is the absolutely best method!

Basically it's the same thing as normal M6, but you have this logo on all the stickers:

Those stickers gives you the opportunity to skip all the corners 1/2000 of the solves.

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
rjohnson8ball
<serious> I prefer 3 cycle still, because I am not good yet at memorizing positions and orientations together. M2 is faster than Classic Pochmann (T-perm) but you need to keep track of the even/odd state that M2 gives; in the odd state, you need to do the FU algorithm for BD and BD algorithm for FU.</serious>

<serious> I prefer 3 cycle still, because I am not good yet at memorizing positions and orientations together. M2 is faster than Classic Pochmann (T-perm) but you need to keep track of the even/odd state that M2 gives; in the odd state, you need to do the FU algorithm for BD and BD algorithm for FU.</serious>
Or just learn a few more algs and do it macky's way.
http://cubefreak.net/BLD/M2_guide.html

Micael

Premium Member
WCA
2009BOUL03
YouTube
mboulet24
With an adequate memo system, M2 is less to memorize than 3 cycle. And, with that adequate system, there is no problem at all to keep track of the state of M slice. Person-Action is a good system for this. Combined with method of loci it is powerfull. I think it is exactly what Chuck use (he did 50/54 multi). Robert, I think it is time for you to consider M2 and that memo system. Pretty sure you will break 5min with that.:)

Yes, M2 worth it.

WCA
2008WUNE01
YouTube
NeoW63
With an adequate memo system, M2 is less to memorize than 3 cycle. And, with that adequate system, there is no problem at all to keep track of the state of M slice. Person-Action is a good system for this. Combined with method of loci it is powerfull. I think it is exactly what Chuck use (he did 50/54 multi). Robert, I think it is time for you to consider M2 and that memo system. Pretty sure you will break 5min with that.:)

Yes, M2 worth it.
I have been practicing M2 for a while now adn I can solve all edges with my eyes open consistently sub-30. I'm just having trouble with memo...help?

Yes, M2 worth it.
I have been practicing M2 for a while now adn I can solve all edges with my eyes open consistently sub-30. I'm just having trouble with memo...help?
Like he suggested, person-action pairs. Make 24 people and 24 actions, each one corresponding to an edge sticker position. Each pair of edges is a person doing a thing. Read more in the blindfolded forum.

Yes, M2 worth it.
Like he suggested, person-action pairs. Make 24 people and 24 actions, each one corresponding to an edge sticker position. Each pair of edges is a person doing a thing. Read more in the blindfolded forum.
I need to improve my memory system. I form a sentence with 4 letters, sometimes I struggle to make a sentence. I need to think of more actions, adjectives and people for more letters, especially for like V, X, Z etc.

It's not often you get easy cases like Xena Wants Kyle's D*** :D.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
fazrulz1

Yes, M2 worth it.

It's not often you get easy cases like Xena Wants Kyle's D*** :D.
But X and W are the same piece?