• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Intuitive Square-1 Help?

Mallot1

Hey I am trying to solve the Square-1 intuitively (I have never solved the Square-1). I have solved the first two layers, but I am stuck on the last layer (I have multiple center pieces in the same spot, and some of the corners need to be swapped. Anyone have any tips or hints (please no spoilers)? All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks :D blue - WIN_20180328_06_24_07_Pro.jpg red - WIN_20180328_06_26_16_Pro.jpg green - WIN_20180328_06_26_36_Pro.jpg orange - WIN_20180328_06_26_30_Pro.jpg yellow - WIN_20180328_06_26_43_Pro.jpg white - WIN_20180328_06_27_13_Pro.jpg

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, I've never seen a layer by layer method used on Square-1. That doesn't mean it's impossible though; just probably not efficient. I'd recommend doing some educated-guess-type algorithms and recording them all as you do them so you can A) go back if you need to and B) have useful algorithms written down if you find any.

If instead you want to stop using a layer by layer method, I'd recommend:
Try getting it back to a cube first. ;)

Huh, I've never seen a layer by layer method used on Square-1. That doesn't mean it's impossible though; just probably not efficient. I'd recommend doing some educated-guess-type algorithms and recording them all as you do them so you can A) go back if you need to and B) have useful algorithms written down if you find any.

If instead you want to stop using a layer by layer method, I'd recommend:
Try getting it back to a cube first. ;)
Or he can use your tutorial.

Mallot1

Thanks for your help everyone. I agree with what you all are saying, I will probably grab some paper and start writing and coming up with algorithms like I did for some other puzzles. Thanks everyone!

Mallot1

Thanks for your help everyone. I agree with what you all are saying, I will probably grab some paper and start writing and coming up with algorithms like I did for some other puzzles. Thanks everyone!
Also, thanks for marking the spoilers with the spoilers tag DGCubes very appreciated! (I didn't read the spoilers. Maybe once I've solved it first.)