• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Imagine the Perfect Cube for You

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've talked about this in the Discord server, but my ideal cube would be a programmable/digitally illuminated cube with each cube piece capable of turning into any color. Features:
  • Rotate each surface like a normal cube.
  • App features: Scramble it with the push of a button, setup cases automatically and drill them repeatedly or train a set of custom algs using spaced repetition
  • Detailed analyses/reconstructions/statistics of your solves.
  • For beginners, the cube could interactively flash (or make a sound) and light up which piece to use next. And when drilling algorithms, the whole cube could turn green or red, depending on whether the execution was a success or a failure.
  • For BLD, the cube would basically turn off all the colors and become a transparent cube or a solid color of one's choice. A "reveal colors" button on the app would be pressed at the end of a solve to confirm the solution.
  • Like a mechanical keyboard, users can write simple scripts to customize the cube colors to their own liking and even disable certain colors or types of pieces as a challenge.
  • Long press center cap to scramble the cube
  • Long press two center caps to turn off the cube (sleep mode)

Last edited:

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
I've talked about this in the Discord server, but my ideal cube would be a programmable/digitally illuminated cube with each cube piece capable of turning into any color. So, via an app it you could scramble it with the push of a button, you could setup cases automatically and drill them repeatedly or have the app train a set of custom algs using spaced repetition, and you could also have detailed analyses/reconstructions/statistics of your solves. The possibilities are endless. When are we going to get a cube like this?

For beginners, the cube could interactively flash (or make a sound) and light up which piece to use next. And when drilling algorithms, the whole cube could turn green or red, depending on whether the execution was a success or a failure.

For BLD, the cube would basically turn off all the colors and become a transparent cube or a solid color of one's choice. A "reveal colors" button on the app would be pressed at the end of a solve to confirm the solution.

Like a mechanical keyboard, users can write simple scripts to customize the cube colors to their own liking and even disable certain colors or types of pieces as a challenge.
This sounds like the ex-mars cube except customizable and being able to drill cases.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I deleted my old post to give my updated "perfect" cube

CH Alinea 56.87mm Boron treated Valk 3m with lavender grey pieces and a wavy texture with rubber-like "stickers" (like the Zhanchi Pro (green)) on the outside with Tornado V2m B/G/R/O and Dayan W/Y color scheme. For setup, Lubicle Black on the core, Mystic on internals and DNM-37/Silk on the pieces.

Breakdown of the cube:

Size: 56.87 would be a very comfortable size for me personally. The numbers may seem random and that's because they kind of are.

Color/colour: My favorite color is by far purple but I find dark colors on the outside of cubes to be distracting. I find white plastic does not get in the way at all and still gives the cube a nicer look than stickerless. Therefor I decided to go with lavender grey, it has hints of purple but retains the focus on the stickers, not the plastic. The cube could not be stickerless anyway due to the nature of Boron treatment. I believe my choice for the shades pf stickers would offer a very appealing cube that is effortless to recognize colors.

Feel: Boron treatment gives it a very soft feel at the molecular level, actually changing the cube itself. Rubber like inserts like those found in the green edition of the Dayan Zhanchi Pro m give excellent grip while at the same time providing a unique feel. Wavy texture was just a random one I picked because it looks cool, isn't to exhaustive, and gives positive results with cubes like the Tengyun v1m. Due to the Alinea design this cube will be incredibly stable and the core magnets aid in distributing the magnetic force present.

Setup: Lubicle Black is one of the best, if not the best, lubricants that can be applied on the core. Mystic gives a plush feel and DNM-37/Silk is an excellent combo. I don't know to much about Max lubricants but if I was able to try them I might use those instead. The tensions would be on the loose side as Alinea allows for that while still retaining stability.

Last edited:

voidrx

My perfect cube:

Size: 55.5 mm
loose but NEVER pop.
Obviously perfect cornercutting.
FAST
strong magnets

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't decide. Every cube seems to have its own nice traits. I do quite like the GAN X in terms of swiftness and light-medium magnets.