• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I attempted to give Dayan some advice

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
on topic: you have good points but like you said idk if anyone at Dayan who can actually influence anything will read it.

also idk why you posted screenshots when you could've just copy pasted the text here.

my unsolicited advice to Dayan: rerelease the old plastic 2x2 and you could make a lot of money :p in fact just market the old plastic on everything, people seem to really like it

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
on topic: you have good points but like you said idk if anyone at Dayan who can actually influence anything will read it.

also idk why you posted screenshots when you could've just copy pasted the text here.

my unsolicited advice to Dayan: rerelease the old plastic 2x2 and you could make a lot of money :p in fact just market the old plastic on everything, people seem to really like it
Yeah I’m an idiot.
Plus I think there was a valid reason they stopped using Old Plastic

chron0s

Petrus why did they stop with the old plastic?! I need to hear that story. Man if Dayan dropped some OP cubes of any kind that would be incredible.

Awesome feedback to them. And nice to see you here cyoubx the new content lately has been epic - looking forward to the RS3M2020 lightening video!!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Petrus why did they stop with the old plastic?! I need to hear that story. Man if Dayan dropped some OP cubes of any kind that would be incredible.

Awesome feedback to them. And nice to see you here cyoubx the new content lately has been epic - looking forward to the RS3M2020 lightening video!!
I’m really not sure, but since it was doing so well, I guess they must have some valid reason to discontinue it... Unless Dayan were idiots and were like ‘Hmm this kind of plastic is doing so well! Let‘s discontinue it.’
My belief is that the supply of OP plastic was cut off to them and the cubing industry wasn’t big enough to try regain it?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like their logo and magnet system
Just nitpicks from me, I think their logo is good, quite simplistic unlike, say, Moyu who filled the cap completely with Chinese characters, but having the cube name is nice.
Plus the magnet system is good, but personally I prefer a cleaner, one capsule look on the internals, and moving the magnet system down means more contact with primary plastic, which is probably better in terms of feeling.

Alex Shih

Anyone else remember when Dayan said they would release a Panshi v2, but then they never got around to it? What if they release it now, but it's actually decent lol (on par or better than the tengyuns).

NevEr_QeyX

And I realised they had no easy way to be reached, and didn’t speak good English, or have an English email.
But you know, I thought somebody might be interested:
Edit: For some reason imgur swapped the last image to the front
Why not
You spelled color wrong... and center... and customization...

it's just a prank bro

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone else remember when Dayan said they would release a Panshi v2, but then they never got around to it? What if they release it now, but it's actually decent lol (on par or better than the tengyuns).

Why would they? The Panshi was widely panned (heh) as the worst Dayan release ever. At least the Guhong and Zhanchi had very positive reputations

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah I thought something kind of like that happened...
It would be absolutely brilliant if they could somehow bring it back.

For now I guess what we can do is do OP Dayan Coatings onto new Dayan cubes.
’Son you are a good cube but not good enough here is the skin of your grandfather for you to wear so you can go vroom vroom’