• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I’m new to this and my average is about 1 min 35 seconds

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just want to learn how to solve the 3x3x3 in at least under 30 seconds
Great, then go with Roux and have fun with it! (I use CFOP btw)

EDIT: If you're not aware, CriticalCubing has a lot of great Roux tutorials on YouTube. There might be some newer ones that are better, but that's where I learned Roux.

AvaMarie10102

Great, then go with Roux and have fun with it! (I use CFOP btw)

EDIT: If you're not aware, CriticalCubing has a lot of great Roux tutorials on YouTube. There might be some newer ones that are better, but that's where I learned Roux.
Alright I will check it out, Tysm

WCA
2017OWEN01
I just want to learn how to solve the 3x3x3 in at least under 30 seconds
That can be done with any speedsolving method
Roux is better than CFOP For one handed and I think it might be better for normal 3x3
having said that the Morrison’s make a valid point that cfop is better for big cubes but there is Meyer which is only a bit worse
my advice would be to learn both use cfop for big cubes and roux for one handed and then just decide which one you prefer for 2 handed
you will almost certainly learn both at some point during your cubing career so you may as well learn them now and also have a look at ZZ and Petrus

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Roux is better than CFOP For one handed and I think it might be better for normal 3x3
having said that the Morrison’s make a valid point that cfop is better for big cubes but there is Meyer which is only a bit worse
my advice would be to learn both use cfop for big cubes and roux for one handed and then just decide which one you prefer for 2 handed
I think I'm faster than the fastest Meyer 4x4 solver

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that Roux seems like it is a little better than CFOP for OH but keep in mind that the top 2 OH solvers use CFOP so CFOP can definitely be used to break world records.

WCA
2017OWEN01
And the fastest OH solver of all time and the only person who has managed to average sub 9 uses roux
Edit: just to clarify I’m not saying you have to use roux for OH just that it is the best current method for it and there is no reason not to as you are starting out and can use it easily

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
And the fastest OH solver of all time and the only person who has managed to average sub 9 uses roux
Edit: just to clarify I’m not saying you have to use roux for OH just that it is the best current method for it and there is no reason not to as you are starting out and can use it easily
I think it is not a good idea to use two different methods for 3x3/events that involve solving a 3x3 or have 3x3 stage because you could be spending twice as much time practicing one method than you could do if you had to practice both.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
who averages sub 9 for OH? Because if you're going to say Kian then why does he only have a 9.5 official average? A good number of cubers say they're faster than they are.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is kian check his Pb doc he has an 8.7 ao1000 and there is no reason for him to lie. Also it is pretty well known that he is useless in comps
I am not saying that he cheated, but there is a chance that he deleted bad solves / skipped through the scrambles until there was a good one for a lot of solves. I will believe him if I see him get at least a sub 9 average in comp.

But anyway let's stop clogging this member intro we can debate in the 'cfop vs roux debate thread'