• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I’m new to this and my average is about 1 min 35 seconds

Trying to teach my dog to solve mirror cube
The YLM is pretty good from what I hear I don’t have one though. Also you can do other events even if you can’t do 3x3 yet. If your looking for another event to do I suggest 2x2, the beginners method is very similar to 3x3. You don’t have to switch methods right as you get a speed cube now. You could just ditch beginners method now and start with roux.

Last edited:

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most people consider me advanced and I would not recommend Roux if you want to do other events, It's about equal to CFOP for 3x3 but there aren't really any methods that work with Roux that have proven themselves to be equal for 4x4 and higher.

But if I were you I would try them both out and choose whichever is more fun for you.

AvaMarie10102

Most people consider me advanced and I would not recommend Roux if you want to do other events, It's about equal to CFOP for 3x3 but there aren't really any methods that work with Roux that have proven themselves to be equal for 4x4 and higher.
Oh really? I’m pretty new to all of this so I have no idea what I’m doing here so I’m going off of what others say

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
After I learned beginners method and I learned CFOP and got sub 20 seconds with it I switched to Roux, but my favorite event at the time was 4x4 and when I learned that you can't use Yau (the best 4x4 method) if you used Roux I switched back to CFOP and now am sub 10 seconds with it.

But again, you should try both out and choose whichever is more fun to you.

AvaMarie10102

After I learned beginners method and I learned CFOP and got sub 20 seconds with it I switched to Roux, but my favorite event at the time was 4x4 and when I learned that you can't use Yau (the best 4x4 method) if you used Roux I switched back to CFOP and now am sub 10 seconds with it.

But again, you should try both out and choose whichever is more fun to you.
Jeez TEN seconds?!?! That’s so fast dude!! That’s amazing. I tried learning cfop and it was super complicated but it’s probably just the tutorials I watched... I haven’t watched any tutorials for roux so I have no idea. I don’t know any speed cubers irl so I can’t have anyone teach me in person.