• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to transfer CubeDesk Solves into CsTimer......

MuaazCubes

Hello, I tried to export my solves from Cubedesk to Cstimer, but when I try to import them to Cstimer, the file doesnt show up. I dont know if its because there's too many solves, or I'm doing something wrong. I also tried exporting all data, which deleted all of my solves in all of my sessions on Cstimer. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Flowkap

I'm pretty sure the export formats are different. Cubedesk has a cstimer import feature but not a cstimer export Format. Cstimer itself is basically stalled in development longer than cubedesk is around.

So You either need to convert the data yourself or start with new sessions I guess.

Personally I would not go back to cstimer. It might go offline as it's not developed and the developer didn't react since mo tree e than a year. It's just a matter of time when hosting is not paid anymore as well if you ask me.

Gan unfanboy

I used CubeDesk for around a month and did:

around 750 3x3 solves
around 2100-2200 2x2 solves
around 100 other solves

How do I export my data from CubeDesk into CsTimer?
I already downloaded the file from CubeDesk but it does not let me import into CsTimer.

Thanks!
i tried my best to do it but it didn’t work for me. i eventually just typed in about 300 solves i did in cubedesk.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
there must be a way!

cube desk doesn't have the export function?
if it has, you can export and then treat the file, converting it to a format cstimer accepts.
it's not rocket science
Alright, @cuberswoop and I shall hack into cubedesk, reconfigure the site to allow exports, and throttle the first guy for not making exports an option in the first place make sure that the person who made cubedesk updates the site more regularly.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
here are the files, we just need to convert it.
I'll try to hack a quick script later and make the converter avaiable on my github
it shouldn't be that hard

I wrote a program a year ago to solve this issue for a reddit thread on the same topic.

https://flowisniceandslow.github.io/cubedesk-to-cstimer/

Converts, times, dates, sessions, comments, and scrambles.

It’s open source if anyone wants to take a peek at the code or make changes.

I apologize for replying on an old thread but it does solve the issue and this is one of if not the top result when searching for this issue.

Last edited: