• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to solve a 5x5x5

McWizzle94

WCA
2008CHAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
This tutorial comes in 3 parts. Part 1 is centers, Part 2 is edges, and Part 3 is the rest.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Please leave any comments or questions and stuff below. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Krazy Jeff

Is there another video tutorial that doesn't teach the solution by using fingerspeed methods? I found this tutorial a bit confusing, since I don't use fingerspeed tricks, and since this tutor, didn't list the algorithms on his video, made it almost not easy to follow him. Plus he kept mumbling a bit too much.

I think the part I got lost the most is pairing the sides. I know how to solve the 4x4, so just need a bit more assistance in understanding this for the 5x5 and also learning the algorithms he used to finalize the final sides just before he started to solve this puzzle as a 3x3.

Thanks in advance.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there another video tutorial that doesn't teach the solution by using fingerspeed methods? I found this tutorial a bit confusing, since I don't use fingerspeed tricks, and since this tutor, didn't list the algorithms on his video, made it almost not easy to follow him. Plus he kept mumbling a bit too much.

I think the part I got lost the most is pairing the sides. I know how to solve the 4x4, so just need a bit more assistance in understanding this for the 5x5 and also learning the algorithms he used to finalize the final sides just before he started to solve this puzzle as a 3x3.

Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't need algorithms for the first 2 parts of the reduction (centers, edges) except a parity-fix for edges. And the last part is exactly like a 3x3x3 so you can use the same algs.

I also made a tutorial in text about the edge-stage: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447
And a full video tutorial: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761