• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How-to/Guide Request Thread

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
http://cube4you.com/s072-p-179.html

I know it's supposed to be a 4X4, but I can't seem to wrap my tiny brain around how it is supposed to solve like one. Any help?

So far the only way to solve it is to drink until I pass out, and by morning, it's gone.

I don't have one, so I don't know exactly how, but sometimes if you partially disassemble the cube, it makes it easier to understand how it's a 4x4, which can really help trying to figure it out.

Dulema

First of all, can someone please explain to me how I can start a thread on this website plz? and secondly, I need faster N-perms if anyone could help me with that. I need faster A-perms too plz. any algs for these could help my times. I'm averaging sub 20. thanks you guys.

adragast

Can anyone using Avg edge pairing make a slow move example solve ? I have read the topic from AvG but cannot figure out how to position my hands (are you using right hand for this and that setup and so on). I have tried to watch Avg on youtube but only the beginner version is explained and finally I have watched Erik videos but on the videos he is using his left hand extensively which he does not seem to do on real solves...
(Anyone knows if Arnaud or anyone using Avg uses d slice ? Or does everyone use r ? I have tried to benefit from a long break to switch to r but really can't make it)

nmqt1

Where can I learn for advanced megaminx method?? I've just finished the beginner's one!!

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd sort of like "An Intro to Puzzle Theory." I've always been interested in that section of speedcubing, but whenever I visit their section of the forum, I'm just totally lost by all their terminology and can't understand a word they're saying.

adragast

Is there a 'how to' thread on solving the cross on a 3x3x3 quicker?

I would like a non-youtube tutorial on how to get faster at cross too... However I have the feeling the only way to improve is to practice it. Three ways to practice it:
- simply solve the cross again and again (easiest way but a bit boring and does not improve fast)
- inspect and then solve the cross blindfold (I am practicing it now and I think it helps to look ahead the first F2L pair as you do the cross without looking at it after the training)
- begin with a 2x2x2 block all the time and only after that finish the cross (the aim is to get good at extended cross but I cannot judge this idea myself as I have not tested it yet... focussing on point 2 for now)

YippieCubes

Is there a bump cube tutorial? if not could someone just do the last layer tutorial i've been stuck for so long

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a bump cube tutorial? if not could someone just do the last layer tutorial i've been stuck for so long

I want a tutorial for how to recognize OLL (or COLL) cases on bump cube.

You know OLL is done when the top layer is flat and you just see what's solved/not solved and what matches/don't match to figure out which PLL it is.