• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How-To for big cube blindfolded solving

I joined this forum to ask for a good site to find a blindfold 4x4x4 solution.

Thanks i really want to learn this..

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For 4x4 BLD corners I use Old POchmann so what's the parity fix for that?
Old Pochmann can be a problem with big cubes because Y-perm rotates the U-centers ccw 90 degrees. So if you're executing corners before the centers, you have to keep track of how many Y-perms you do.

An odd number of Y-perms will obviously swap the UB and UL wings. Therefore they can be restored by doing B U' B' (r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 u2) B U B'.
However, r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 u2 is not center friendly, so this parity fix will have to be done after the centers are solved.

Alternatively, you could solve all corners except leave UBL and UBR swapped. Then have the parity fix as y (T-perm) y' r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 u2.

There are many different ways to approach this, you shouldn't have to rely on the forum for answers, do your own experimenting.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
I'm a little embarrassed having to ask this considering how long I have been cubing and how long I have been a member of this forum... but I'm clueless, and didn't see this on the notation page of the wiki.

Say we have the cycle (bUL->dFL->fUR)

Which piece is bUL? I tried to figure this out with context clues from the full post, but I'm baffled. Is it the upper left edge on the back face? Is it the back edge of the edge pair on the upper location of the left face?

:( <--How I feel about having to ask noob questions.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't feel bad about it. I'm not sure it's the most intuitive way to express it. Probably your best bet to figure out what he meant on your own would have been to try out the commutator he finishes with, and see if it matches your expectations.

(It would probably help to replace the "&#39"s with single quotes up there - I think it got messed up a long time ago when one of the big moves happened on Speedsolving.com. I'll try to go to the original post and clean it up.)

Anyway, the capital letters are the faces where the piece actually is on that face, and the small letter is the direction along that edge for the actual piece. So bUL is the back edge of the edge pair on the upper location of the left face. (If I understand how you're saying it.) The key is: try his alg: R' d R U2 R' d' R U2. That alg should be cycling bUL->dFL->fUR. If so, then you understand. :)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Which piece is bUL? I tried to figure this out with context clues from the full post, but I'm baffled. Is it the upper left edge on the back face? Is it the back edge of the edge pair on the upper location of the left face?
bUL is the piece on the b slice (inner back slice), as well as the U slice (upper outer), and L slice (left outer). Locate each of those slices and you will find where they all meet. That is the bUL location.

Edit: Posted same time as Mike ;)