• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to break in a rubik's cube TO THE MAX

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
NOTE: This is not my video

Wow! Just the other day, I was talking to my friend about a machine that would break in your cube SUPER fast. I didn't really think about what machine it would be, but now I have the answer! This guys is a genius! Also, he said he might make a video on how to create the holder, but does anyone here know how?

Also, I heard if you do it for too long, it'll wear out the springs in the cube. Can someone explain that?

I found this at:http://masterthecube.com/forums/index.php?topic=1283.0

Video Description:
go go power rangers

Depending on interest/popularity, also on me perfecting the tool, i may create a tutorial on how to create the holder. Although it looks pretty self explanatory =p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I showed this vid to my friend Doowon, and he said there was a korean guy who had tried it a while ago, and his core melted, because of the heat (high turning speed=friction=heat, it's just like rubbing two sticks together to start a fire)

Leo

I'm sure if you were to do it in shorter sessions, perhaps a bit more frequently (at least enough to let it cool down) it wouldn't melt.

alexm

I actually have done this a few times (only a little bit on my main cube, but more on my tighter store-bought, my keychain cube, etc.), and it works nicely. I made a "cube adapter" out of Lego technic pieces.

And to keep anything from melting (yeah, I had one of the cubes completely lock up one time because it melted a bit or something), I run the drill in shorter bursts, and in alternating directions.

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
wow this really works fairly well. I made an adapter out of lego technic too... with a proper sized robertson bit on the end of the drill it attaches nicely to technic axle connectors.

piemaster

The earth planet avatar guy has how to do it in his description...Nukoca or something...