• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How fast should I be to make it into the second round of 3x3

JTM007

I have local competition coming up and I haven't been to a comp before. The top 40 of the first round in 3x3 advance to the second round. I average about 30 seconds with a pb of 22 seconds. Do you guys think I will make it into second round?

Duncan Bannon

You can look at the pysch (I think that is the name) sheet for each competition. If you go to the competitions page, then go to competitors tab and click on the mini version of the event you want to see the pysch sheet for. This put the people attending the competition in a ranking based on past results. You can then plum your estimated results, and see if you place high enough. If that doesn't make sense, feel free to ask a follow up question.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can look at the pysch (I think that is the name) sheet for each competition. If you go to the competitions page, then go to competitors tab and click on the mini version of the event you want to see the pysch sheet for. This put the people attending the competition in a ranking based on past results. You can then plum your estimated results, and see if you place high enough. If that doesn't make sense, feel free to ask a follow up question.
yeah, I was gonna look at the psych sheet of the competition and see if he could make the second round.

JTM007

Here's the link to the competitors of the comp I want to go to. Do you think I will make it into the second round?

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The 40th person on the psych sheet has a pb average of 32 seconds. Remember this is PB average so his usual times could differ. However, it’s hard to tell because of first timers, improvement in times, etc. If you practice hard enough you probably could. Try to aim for a sub 30 average maybe?

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel

Here's the link to the competitors of the comp I want to go to. Do you think I will make it into the second round?
OMG I am going as well. My name is Alex Hirschhorn and I am 2nd on pyra psych sheet. What is your name?