• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How fast are the over 40's in competitions?

Nervous Nico

WCA
2017VIDO02
Chris Wright's thread got me wondering what range of times are being produced by the over 40's in competition.

The latest rankings / results are now hosted on GitHub.

Hi @Logiqx

I hope you are well.
I've been away for 2 months and now back on the thread.
Shame I did not get to catch up with you or @Selkie today in Guildford.
Was great to see @Shaky Hands !
We both made it to the 2nd round of the 3x3 or as I like to call it the semi-finals :)

Looks like I might be going from 38 on the GiHub list to number 27. Just behind Lars Petrus! with my new 20.53 average :)
Shaky Hands did so well, he broke pretty much all his PBs and there is no event the man can't do. Impressive!

Might see you in Stevenage or Weston-Super-Mare
all the best

Nico

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
I finally got an official sub-1 4x4 last weekend at BeCubed Summer 2018. That gets me into 5th place average and 10th place single on the over 40s ranking for 4x4. After those first four solves, I didn't think I was going to make it. Luckily that 5th solve went smooth enough to get me there.

Best Single: 58.93
Average: 1:05.68
Solves: 1:03.35 | 1:01.53 | 1:13.78 | 1:12.16 | 58.93