• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do you <M, U>?

AndersB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BERG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also execute most of those moves like described above, but I have a rather strange way of doing M. In the only algorithm were i use it (M' U M U2 M' U M), I execute the move by pushing with my left ring finger on the bottom side, in between the DB and center stickers. This fits me great because i don't have to move my fingers very much.

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
M': Rw R'
U: Right index finger
M: Rw' R
M2: L Lw' M' (i do this M' with my left ring finger pushing on DB)i do the Lw' M' bit in one move
U2: Index finger pushing URB corner followed by my middle finger.

This is what i do

MeshuggahX

WCA
2011ERIX01
M' - Left ring finger on BD.
M - Left ring finger on FD (With the back of my finger).
M2 - Left ring finger followed my middle finger on BD.
U - Right index finger.

xabu1

WCA
2011WENS01
I use my right and left ring fingers for M and M'
flick on B side of DB edge for M'
flick from D side of DB edge for M

I only use left ring finger for block building

M2 I use right hand ring then middle

U and U' are index fingers
U2 is index -> middle on either hand

for LSE I only use left hand for U moves
I use a left index flick on F side of FRU corner for U'

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
I do M with index finger and M' with ring finger. M2 with ring, then middle. I use my left or right hand for the M turns depending on the direction of the U that comes after it. If the next is U then I always do that with right index so I do the M turn with left hand - and visa versa. So my advice is to learn M moves with both hands to get fast at the MU algs.

Last edited:

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use ring/middle for M2, ring for M', I never use M, I use both hands but same fingers. Which means Z perm I can do the U/U2 with left or right and do M'/M2 with left or right.

Darn, they changed it from moo to <M, U>

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It depends for me. For M' I use either middle, ring, or pinky finger on my right hand and my ring finger on my left hand.

For M I use either of my pinkies to flick it down , I use my right index to push it down, and sometimes I just do a r' R or l L'.

For M2 I use either the double push middle/ring or ring/pinky, sometimes I do a r2 R2 or for M2' I do l2 L2.

For U' I only use my left index finger.

For U I use my right index finger to push the layer, sometimes I use my left index finger to flick the layer at UFL, often times I use my left index to push UBL.

For U2 I use my right index and middle fingers, and for U2' I use my right thumb to push it and my left index finger.