• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do you all resticker your cubes?

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have done all mine by hand slowly with a steady hand, rather than transfer sheet, because the sticker gaps might not be right for a certain cube with CS stickers.

I do, however, use Lubix' recommendations to the letter on removing bubbles etc ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake

I put them 1 by 1, and make sure that they are placed "perfectly", and after my cube look really nice.

kdicem

I have done all mine by hand slowly with a steady hand, rather than transfer sheet, because the sticker gaps might not be right for a certain cube with CS stickers.

I do, however, use Lubix' recommendations to the letter on removing bubbles etc ...

So you take the stickers and place them one by one?
Does it turn out okay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do indeed. If I was stickering a cube with stock stickers then the sticker spacing on the backing sheet is designed for that cube so use of the transfer sheet would be better, e.g. DiY DaYan GuHong with the stickers it came with but if you are using CS stickers (I use CubeSmith for all my cubes) then you cannot be guaranteed of the spacing.

I do not see any misalignment of my stickering at all but I do go very slowly. I start with corners (easiest to centre imo), then edges (aligned with corner stickers already placed), then centre for each side. I will just place an edge of the sticker and if not happy with the alignment I will relift and do it again. It isn't uncommon for me to not be happy until say the 5th or 6th 'try' for a sticker.

Others may have far more optimised ways of doing it but it works for me and looks good :)

Last edited:

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I do them 1 by 1 also. It's not bad for a 3x3, but thank god I haven't had to resticker my 7x7 yet.
Stickering a teraminx is a pain in the ass XD.

I'm just curious, does anyone use goo-gone anymore to get rid of the sticky residue after you take off a sticker?

RaresB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BOST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also do them 1x1 paying limited attention to quality, only trying to get them on. To be honest i frankly dont really care about the quality of my stickers as long as they dont affect my cubing ability and don;t look like a total wreck

yamahammer08

YouTube
Visit Channel

I'm just curious, does anyone use goo-gone anymore to get rid of the sticky residue after you take off a sticker?

I looked for some but couldn't find any, so I used rubbing alcohol. Works pretty well as long as there isn't a lot of adhesive left. I wasn't really thinking and peeled the stickers on my 6x6 off just with my fingers and it left ALL of the adhesive on the cube. It seems like such a chore to clean it off so I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to stickering it lol

Vinny

WCA
2011VECC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Instead of Goo Gone, most of the time, when I take the stickers off, I sort of put the sticker back on and take it off and it slowly takes the residue with it...

But for some cubes where the stickers are really bad and don't do that, I wash them because Goo Gone messed up the cube.

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
This isn't really about REstickering, but when I was taking the stickers off of one of my 3x3s, I found that peeling them off with my fingers actually leaves barely any residue, but when I try to take them off with one of those plastic sticker removal things, it left a ton more on. I don't know if I just had some weird stickers or anything, but that's what I found.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Use Cubesmith's Plastic Scrape-Rite to get them off, then use application tape that usually comes with the cube. (Or just the GuHong)
If it doesn't come with application tape, then I get a sticker off, put it on a knife, level it, and push it down.

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
I peel up the corner of each sticker with a guitar pick, and then remove them by hand. If there is any residue left I either use the sticker to remove it, or I use terpentine. Works great, but stinks up the whole room.

And I use a dull knife to place each sticker, one by one. Haven't had much luck with application tape.