• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I "slow solve"?

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone, recently i have hit a spot in cubing where timed averages aren't working to well and i this. I need to change how i practice. I understand "slow solving" is a good way to practice it's just whenever i do this i feel like nothing is happening and i'm just wasting my time turning slowly. If anyone could explain how to do it correctly that would be nice or even an alternate way of practicing i'm open to ideas so if you think you have a bit of knowledge feel free to leave a response.

Riley

WCA
2007WOOR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just turn without pauses. It will help your look ahead, so that when eventually start turning faster, you hopefully pause less as well. It really is helpful, though it might take awhile.

I think Feliks' video from a long time ago is a good example of slow solving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-77kQwyeE

Edit: It also helps you find more efficient ways of solving things as well as inefficient algs you may be doing.

Last edited: