• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How did you start Speedcubing?

How did you start Speedcubing?

• Total voters

E3cubestore

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had a vision and in the vision Arnold Schwarzenegger told me to pick up a Rubik's cube. I obeyed and as soon as I touched it my hands magically twisted the cube until it was solved. Ever since that day I have been able to solve a Rubik's cube. Unfortunately, no magic powers of speed were imbued upon me, as the powers Arnold gave me were those of great solving strength and powers of mind.

Someday a lucky individual will Experience a similar vision in which Usain Bolt will imbue the magic powers of solving speed and all the world records will broken and no hope for any future records will remain.

Although maybe this already happened....

JillianFraser

WCA
2012FRAS01
My geometry teacher brought them in one day for a sort of free day, I couldn't figure it out. So i bought my own and did some research. I actually skipped beginners method and went right into 2-look which is quite odd, but I'm glad I did =D

This is how I started cubing:-
It was the beginning of 2016 and my final exams were about to end. Our last exam was english.
Just The day before the english exam, my really nice friend came to my house and said "My notes are incomplete:rolleyes: can I please copy your's?" After studying for some time, we decided it was enough and we should play for some time. After some time we again got bored and he went to my toy bag to find something anti-boring he found the Rubik's Cube. We both could make 1 Layer we raced and then it was time for him to go back home. Tomorrow night at 11p.m I decided I had to solve that whole thing. My mom didn't let me use the computer at that time of the night, so I learned to solve in next morning by TheSergsB Tutorial. This was how I started cubing.:)

Alea

WCA
2015CLEM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had enough of not being able to solve any part of any cube, so as I knew my best friend had started speedcubing I asked me to teach me. He gifted me a cube, taught me within a week and somehow I started trying to be faster. :D

Want to hide this ad and support the community?