• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How addicted to cubing are you?

ninjabob7

I pretty much only solve during school. Right now I'm in summer school for 4 hours a day and don't really know anyone in the class, so I would imagine I do a few hundred solves per day (I've never bothered counting). Rarely practice at home, even when I am bored and have nothing better to do. I also bring it places when I expect to have nothing to do.
I got bored with it earlier this year, but then there was a competition hosted by the school district. After seeing a guy from my school do it in sub13, I decided to get myself a real cube and learn Fridrich (was using Petrus and averaging just above 30). Now I may be addicted again.

KrazyFK

Right in the middle of my GCSE exams, and yet I am still incapable of any studying due to the temptation of my cubes.

That's right, it appears that cubing is more important to me than my exam results and my future. What a sad state of affairs I am in.

Does that count as addicted?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I cube alot in the bath and near the computer but when it comes to going somewhere ill bring a cube but I dont always solve it when im not home.

Wickex

WCA
2010PIEP01
Hey guys :)

So, how addicted to cubing are you?

I would say I'm just way too addicted, which is horrible because my cube broke 5 days ago. Every sound is the mailman at my door and constantly thinking about cubes and stuff and it's just taking too long, even though it only got shipped 3 days ago :(

So, how addicted are you and have you had similar experiences?

Weston

Premium Member
WCA
2008MIZU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really understand how to answer the question "how addicted are you?"
other than answers like "SOOPER DOOPER ADDICTED!" or "meh kind of"
But those don't really mean anything.

Nestor

Premium Member
WCA
2013SANC10
I always carry a cube with me and start solving everytime I have a minute free ( red-light while driving, computer booting, going in an elevator at the mall... )

Some if my friends tell me they worry for me, to which I reply that I keep functioning normally and reply back to people even if I'm doing the cube...