• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi, I'm new here, love all kinds of puzzles

SaMn37

Out of those options the best is probably the
MGC 5x5x5, I wouldn't recommend vcubes, you can just get the meilong series for much less and they are much better puzzles (they also go up to 13x13 as well)
Yeah I'm starting to turn more and more away from the thought of getting the V-cubes, and since I don't have odd cubes besides the Rubik's 2x2 I think I might get a 6x6 instead of a better 7x7.

So now I think getting a MCG 5x5 and a MCG 6x6 would be my next step.

Speedcubing.org is a great place to get your cubes from. They are located in the UK so you won't have very expensive shipping to buy from them.

https://speedcubing.org/products/yuxin-little-magic-square-1m?variant=31219573719118

There is the cube @Sub1Hour recommended on speedcubing.org's website.

EDIT: never mind you would need to wait for it to come back in stock.
I thought...until now, that from UK I'd have to pay duty and VAT and all sorts of stuff, but apparently it's in the european duty and tax zone so I could in fact order from there. I'd actually save around 15€ due to the higher prices in Finland if I ordered there. (If I compare for example ordering an MCG 5x5 and 6x6 ...And using Micah's code :D)

EDIT: Or Owen's code, since (more or less surprisingly) "OWEN" works too, but I'm feeling conflicted.

Kaneki Uchiha

If u don't like algs
I do feel the need for smoother big cubes. My best source online store doesn't have exactly those 5x5's, but are...
  1. YuChuang 5x5 M or
  2. QiZheng or
  3. YJ MCG 5x5 or
  4. MoYu MF5
...any good?

I've also had this craving to get a bundle with every pillowed and non pillowed version of 2x2 to 9x9 V-Cubes, but I'm sure there's people here who want to disapprove. Theyre not exactly very smooth, but then I'd have a chance to test the feel of every arrangement of big cubes up to 9x9 for about 230€/250USD. And it would be a nice collection.

I've looked into them, just haven't gotten any (yet). I surely want at least a megaminx, maybe some pyraminx and a skewb. Maybe make all plural. Heh.

What's all this about squan? Square 1 doesn't exactly seem like a puzzle I'd prioritize getting, but is it that bad? :D
its a fun puzzle
is a running joke is all

SaMn37

Ahem, so Sam what cube stores are near you?
I live in Finland and proper cubes are surprisingly uncommon here... Near me I'd say there's none.. I can get the official rubiks or qi yi Warrior W from my home town... Which is the capital of Finland and still got no proper cubes :crylaughing: Gotta order online to get anything beyond that. Tough life man.. :(

NevEr_QeyX

I live in Finland and proper cubes are surprisingly uncommon here... Near me I'd say there's none.. I can get the official rubiks or qi yi Warrior W from my home town... Which is the capital of Finland and still got no proper cubes :crylaughing: Gotta order online to get anything beyond that. Tough life man.. :(
Yeah, We are lucky in the US with 4 cubing stores I can think of off the top of my head.
How is shipping from China to Finland? because, cubezz.com is based in china and have great prices.

Edit: Cubezz.com has free shipping to the US, Not sure if it is different for shipping to Finland

Edit #2: It says on their website that deliveries are shipped for free.

Excerpt from Cubezz's FAQ
We airmail directly from Hong Kong, China. You are able to enjoy such low prices and even worldwide free shipping because we take advantage of the lower operating costs (in warehousing and logistics) and we bypass the middlemen.

@SaMn37

Another thing I thought I would mention is that I don't think most cubers go into a brick and mortar store to buy cubes. Every cube store I have seen and heard of mainly offers online shopping, with the actual location being a bit of a pain to buy cubes from.

Last edited:

SaMn37

Yeah, We are lucky in the US with 4 cubing stores I can think of off the top of my head.
How is shipping from China to Finland? because, cubezz.com is based in china and have great prices.

Edit: Cubezz.com has free shipping to the US, Not sure if it is different for shipping to Finland

Edit #2: It says on their website that deliveries are shipped for free.

Excerpt from Cubezz's FAQ
We airmail directly from Hong Kong, China. You are able to enjoy such low prices and even worldwide free shipping because we take advantage of the lower operating costs (in warehousing and logistics) and we bypass the middlemen.

@SaMn37

Another thing I thought I would mention is that I don't think most cubers go into a brick and mortar store to buy cubes. Every cube store I have seen and heard of mainly offers online shopping, with the actual location being a bit of a pain to buy cubes from.
Well, while you added edits I went and ordered an YongYun MGC 5x5 Magnetic from there... Let's see how fast they ship :)