• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi from speedcuber50

speedcuber50

Hi!

I've been speedcubing for a few years now. Well... not really a few years non stop.

I started cubing for myself (i.e. not my mom doing it for me!) about three years ago. I got the times down to about 1:2x. I then put my cube away, and left it for a year or so.

I've recently come back to cubing, and in the last six months I went from 1:30 to an average of between 40 and 60 seconds!

To get the times down, I switch to F2L rather than LBL (sorry) and now I'm hunting all over the cube for algs to do the last layer move-the-pieces-round thing in one step rather than two. I've already got the orientate step to two stages (rather than that beginner's thing where they repeat the same move three times).

So, I thought it was time to come here to lower those times further (and see if anyone else has found algs for what I want).

P.S. Sorry if I'm talking rubish, but I kinda came to this on my own, so I'm not too familiar with the lingo. Is there a Jargon Buster anywhere?

speedcuber50

Hi! A couple of things:
- The last layer move-the-pieces-round thing is called PLL
- http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Terminology]Here's the jargon buster
- There are better cubes than a Rubik's brand.

See you around!
Thanks for that nice list of terms! I see someone already has a list of "PLL" algs which do the whole thing in one step.

As for better cubes than a Rubik's brand; what's there to say I use a Rubik's brand ;) (although I do, for that matter). What are these better cubes, where can I get them, and which would you recomend? And, do they cost something like £50 or something?

Also, what does to "lub" mean-is it something you do to your cube (they always talk about "lubing the cube")?

chrissyD

WCA
2009DICK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for that nice list of terms! I see someone already has a list of "PLL" algs which do the whole thing in one step.

As for better cubes than a Rubik's brand; what's there to say I use a Rubik's brand ;) (although I do, for that matter). What are these better cubes, where can I get them, and which would you recomend? And, do they cost something like £50 or something?

Also, what does to "lub" mean-is it something you do to your cube (they always talk about "lubing the cube")?

http://www.puzl.co.uk/cubes-3x3x3-c-21_22.html?osCsid=720kjdvp8scqkjbev8e4oslgr2. Zhanchi and Guhong are the good ones. only £15ish including shipping and puzl are crazy quick for shipping (assuming you actually live in the UK)

gpyl

F2L is a method of doing the first two layers and it is an upgrade from the LBL method. Why not move on to CFOP?
Oh yes, and get a guhong and CRC