• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Ok. As far as I know there are no other programs that even attempt at QJ Timer compatibility. Hang tight and it'll come sooner-ish than later.

Jumbofile

Stack mat not working!

Plug in to the microphone port using a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter and a AUX cord.
I use CCT and get this.

3ce08257df335b4dbdea578f3061b40d.jpg

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
I am hoping for a good Stackmat compatible online timer soon. Something as good as QQtimer and CStimer.
I was able to get CStimer to work with my Stackmat ONCE.
However, the whole 5 minutes I had CStimer working with my Stackmat Pro, there was a violent BEEP BEEP BEEP sound when the timer was connected.
I disconnected my Stackmat to try and stop the noise from happening but was unable to ever successfully reconnect my Stackmat to CStimer again.

Convinsa had a tutorial on YT but I think she took it down because noone could get it to work.
Here is a similiar tutorial

Marco Cuber

Does the cord that comes with the QJ timer work or do you have to buy a new cable to connect the timer to your computer? And also which website timer supports a QJ timer?

Alchemistake

Gonna buy a timer to connect it to pc, What route should i take?

Guys i gonna buy timer because it's been 7 years and i havent used an actual timer in my life. I think its time for getting a timer.
I did my research and i saw
  • Qj timer is little bit bad but it comes with all apparatus for connecting to pc
  • Gen3 pros are very expensive for me.
  • Gen2 pros (even the nonpros) are obscure i cant find a used one.
I want to know the protocol of timer and pc. Is it sending the start and finish points or is it sending the time?

If it sends start/end signal i think qj wont be a problem.I gonna use them only as buttons.

And as a second question is there any timer uses cable electricity?I dont want to use batteries.

Should I go to the DIY route?

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
The signal is a RS232 serial signal that sends the status of the timer and time being displayed about 6 times a second. I don't think any computer program successfully works with QJ timers right now as far as I know. As far as I know it can only be powered by a battery.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I went through the thread and haven't seen this problem. When I connect my Stackmat Pro timer to my PC, the stackmat won't even let me start it. As soon as I plug the audio jack into the timer, tt doesn't react to me putting my hands on the timer. When I unplug it, it's normal. If I start the timer, and then plug in, the timer won't stop when I put my hands on it. Also, Prisma and CCT aren't reading it at all. (Actually, I have a QJ timer and it was doing the same thing, so I thought if I bought the real deal, it would work, but it's not).

idreamincubes

So, I went through the thread and haven't seen this problem. When I connect my Stackmat Pro timer to my PC, the stackmat won't even let me start it. As soon as I plug the audio jack into the timer, tt doesn't react to me putting my hands on the timer. When I unplug it, it's normal. If I start the timer, and then plug in, the timer won't stop when I put my hands on it. Also, Prisma and CCT aren't reading it at all. (Actually, I have a QJ timer and it was doing the same thing, so I thought if I bought the real deal, it would work, but it's not).

My StackMat Pro behaves the same way. I haven't found anything about this problem either.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
My StackMat Pro behaves the same way. I haven't found anything about this problem either.

I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but I went through the properties of my microphone and turned off the enhancements, and unchecked some other settings, and played around with the levels, and now the timer will start when it's plugged in.

However, it's still not working. When I go to Audacity, it doesn't pick up well, and CCT shows the timer is off. When I tweak the cord at an angle from the stackmat, the timer will turn on in CCT, but still not display, and when I go to audacity, it shows crazy high peaks even with nothing boosted. I'm wondering if the problem is with my cord.

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but I went through the properties of my microphone and turned off the enhancements, and unchecked some other settings, and played around with the levels, and now the timer will start when it's plugged in.

However, it's still not working. When I go to Audacity, it doesn't pick up well, and CCT shows the timer is off. When I tweak the cord at an angle from the stackmat, the timer will turn on in CCT, but still not display, and when I go to audacity, it shows crazy high peaks even with nothing boosted. I'm wondering if the problem is with my cord.

I was starting to think the same thing about the cord. I tested my cord after in my car with my phone playing music and it was very sensitive. If I moved the cord, my music would cut in and out. I desperately want my timer to connect directly to CSTimer again(technically never really did).

I am going to The Source this week with my timer and see if they can help me get the cord I need and test it in store to make sure it works. I will report back when I have done so.

As of now, when I plug my timer into my computer with CSTimer, the timer displays this "--:--.--" and will not work with the website. The timer starts and stops but the "--:--.--" image where the time should be display on CSTimer never changes.

AirbusCube

WCA
2015SKOT01
Stacktimer pro datacable problem

Today I bought a data cable to my stacktimer pro. This: http://www.clasohlson.com/se/Adapter/38-1618. I already have a 3,5 mm cable, so it is an adapter from 3,5 to 2,5. I linked the cable to the computer and tried it with cstimer.net. That didn't work. Then I tried with Prisma Puzzle. That not worked either. Do I need a special cable? Doesn't adapters work?

Please answer and sorry for bad english.

Last edited:

BoshedCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
My computer just isn't recognising that my Stackmat V3 is there. I'm on Windows 8.1. What I think is the main problem is that my microphone jack is the same jack as the headphone jack. I have tried fixing this problem by using a splitter that, well, splits the one jack into two. Sadly that didn't work. It would be amazing if someone could help me with this problem or have any suggestions. Thanks :)