• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Help needed for getting sub 30.

Arnav22

I am a sub 40 solver, and my cross plus f2l avg around 25 sec.
I can solve f2l pairs blindfolded, but when I try to look ahead I become confused and end up watching the pair I was solving. How do I improve?
'been cubing since 1.5 month ;)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I am a sub 40 solver, and my cross plus f2l avg around 25 sec.
I can solve f2l pairs blindfolded, but when I try to look ahead I become confused and end up watching the pair I was solving. How do I improve?
'been cubing since 1.5 month ;)
At your point, just purely doing a lot of solving each day will improve your lookahead, technique, and speed. I'd recommend looking over other solvers reconstructions and seeing how they solve such that you can improve your efficiency. Slowly learning OLL and PLL will definitely help as well.

Arnav22

I've learnt OLL(2 look) and PLL(2 look) with 5-6 full PLL algorithms.But still last layer takes about 14-15 sec.
At your point, just purely doing a lot of solving each day will improve your lookahead, technique, and speed. I'd recommend looking over other solvers reconstructions and seeing how they solve such that you can improve your efficiency. Slowly learning OLL and PLL will definitely help as well.

Reactions: pjk