• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

help me improve my times! please!

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
i really want to get my times lower!
this is roughly my times already... from one solve!

Cross - 11 secs
4 corners - 13 secs
F2L - 15 secs
OLL - 6 secs
PLL - 15 secs
=
60 secs
this was quite a fast solve for me!

any tips on reducing these?
MYKE...

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
is it just down to practise?
i mean, are my times proportionate.
i think my cross time is too long but i'm not sure?

is there a way of memorising where the pieces go during the 15 obbservation easily?
MYKE...

Like the others on this thread keep saying, practice. There is no substitute to getting better than to practice. Getting faster takes time and the only way to get faster is to get your mind use to situations that come up on the cube. Keep practicing till your fingers fall off XD.

Dirk BerGuRK

Hey Myke. Now might be the time to try inserting the corners and the edges simultaneously after the cross to finish the F2L. Also when planning the cross, spend extra time to make sure you can solve it without looking at it again and slowly work until you can plan this in under 15 seconds. The F2L is the best way to improve your time. Good luck!

doubleyou

you should be able to do your cross on much lower times. you are not doing the complete beginners cross right? (first placing the pieces around yellow).
begin to use your 15 inspection time good. and plan at LEAST two pieces perfectly. then follow the others as you solve the first two.
you will get faster at this quicly if you put alot of effort into it!

then move on to planning three pieces (4-5 moves) and so on..

if you wanna advance on your f2l I recommend learning about keyhole theory.
this will cut on the movecount in the f2l.

how many algs do you know for OLL? PLL?
I would recommend learning all "all edges already" OLLs.

and H, Z, Y, both As and U's PLLs.

that package would give you a near 4 LLL

Todd

How long you been cubing for?

I been doing this for only 4 months, my best single non lucky solve is 22.77 and my average is 41.xx..

When i started a good solve for me was like 1:15, but just practice and practice, i probably do the stupid thing a hundred times a day.

Like the last guy said:

For OLL learn the algs where the edges are already in place, i think there is 7, this means that after you have finished F2L you have 10 cases...

1. no edges
2. 2 edges (2 different configurations of this)
3. one of the 7 oll algs

To make the 2 edges into four is two simple algs which are quite short.

Pretty beginner but it cuts out alot of OLL learning and only adds 2 or 3 seconds.

I also only know about 10 PLL algs.

But all practice... cube it til it breaks.

Chewy

Lube your cube if you haven't already done so. Use finger tricks. Don't delay in between algorithms. And most importantly, practice.