• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

help me choose speedcubing Method!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you not change quotes around to annoy me? I was talking about L5E (which doesn't really seem like a practical method).

Guys stop bickering.
Either way, L5E is viable ish.
But it takes the fun out of roux IMO.

I like to do more intuitive things like influence the next step or set up for easy blocks.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
His tutorial's also good, but I prefer Roux's.
You do know that the tutorial is aimed for beginners. Roux has stuff that beginners might have a hard time learning (stfu I don't need people to say "I didn't." I said might). I kept mine simple and teach the most basic Roux possible. If you show off an advanced method the advanced way, it doesn't appeal to people (mainly those who want to get fast quick...as if) choosing methods.

20four7n

what kind of question is this. i mean reallyyou make a thread to help you decide what method to use when there a bunch of threads showing what methods the majority of speedcubers use.

I was trying to ask people to help me choose a method based on my personal preference I already mentioned that i was new to speedcubing, so basically I didn't know what method was suitable for me, and coming to a speedcubing forum was the most logical thing to do?

20four7n

You do know that the tutorial is aimed for beginners. Roux has stuff that beginners might have a hard time learning (stfu I don't need people to say "I didn't." I said might). I kept mine simple and teach the most basic Roux possible. If you show off an advanced method the advanced way, it doesn't appeal to people (mainly those who want to get fast quick...as if) choosing methods.

I am watching your tutorial videos right now.
Btw, nice pictures.. lol

20four7n

Ok, I have tried the roux method, and i just dont get it... (sorry, i don't mean to sound like annoying hard-to-please kid) is there any such thing as a speed cubing method that has algorithms that i need to memorize? I think that will work out best for me

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
most speedcubing methods have one or more steps where the most common or efficient approach is learning a large-ish amount of algorithms, including Roux (CMLL), Petrus (COLL), CFOP (OLL/PLL), ZZ (ZZLL or WV, etc.

SkaterFly

Ok, I have tried the roux method, and i just dont get it... (sorry, i don't mean to sound like annoying hard-to-please kid) is there any such thing as a speed cubing method that has algorithms that i need to memorize? I think that will work out best for me

Practice makes perfect :p Blockbuilding for a beginner is harder than it would be for someone who already has an understanding of how the cube works. So if you really wanna use Roux, you have to practice until you understand it.

CFOP (Fridrich) has algorithms that you need to memorize, haven't you already looked into that?

Jorghi

yeah i looked at fridrich, but all i found was intuitive videos, and they didnt show any algorithms

Here is a tip. The less you preserve a cube, the more intuitive that section is.

Cross -> You don't have to preserve anything... Thousands of algorithms... very intuitive
F2L -> You have to preserve the cross, somewhat intuitive
OLL -> You have to preserve f2l at the end, a little intuitive if you re arrange pairs and use tricks
PLL -> Good luck with that

SkaterFly

Fridrich F2L is the intuitive part (for most users). You don't learn this right away though :p You use a simplified version of the method until your times get better and you choose to learn more algorithms. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad2NdgoAg8I, it has nice links in the description, too.

This thread is a good guide for Fridrich if that's what you wanna do :)

20four7n

Here is a tip. The less you preserve a cube, the more intuitive that section is.

Cross -> You don't have to preserve anything... Thousands of algorithms... very intuitive
F2L -> You have to preserve the cross, somewhat intuitive
OLL -> You have to preserve f2l at the end, a little intuitive if you re arrange pairs and use tricks
PLL -> Good luck with that

what do you mean by preserve?? (im noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.