• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help for cubers who want to beat sub-x (CFOP)

Should this thread be stickied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JP cubing

I currently average low to mid 8 for 3x3, and I am considering how can I to sub 8. My scenario: my F2L is almost pauseless, and I can plan first F2L pair every single time. All my OLL algs are all sub 1.2. All my PLL algs are all sub 1.4. I hope someone can give me some tips to improve. Any help is appreciated.
make sure you know how to pseudoslot when a good case is available. at this point your tps should be high, so practice is good. You need the best fingertricks, and make sure you never slow down. that's all you need, and maybe start an alg set(i recommend wv and coll, maybe just learn zbll)

Eamon

make sure you know how to pseudoslot when a good case is available. at this point your tps should be high, so practice is good. You need the best fingertricks, and make sure you never slow down. that's all you need, and maybe start an alg set(i recommend wv and coll, maybe just learn zbll)
I already know how to pseudoslot and I have a rather high TPS (about 5.5TPS). I don't know WV yet(I will start learning it very soon), and I know full COLL(although i don't use it that much). Fingertricks is definetly a weakness of mine, I will try to work on that. Thank you!

WCA
2019HENK01
I already know how to pseudoslot and I have a rather high TPS (about 5.5TPS). I don't know WV yet(I will start learning it very soon), and I know full COLL(although i don't use it that much). Fingertricks is definetly a weakness of mine, I will try to work on that. Thank you!
If you're really turning at 5.5 tps you'd have very good efficiency (8.5*5.5=46.75).
And considering your F2L is "almost pauseless" and you average <50 moves per solve the only thing that is hindering you is raw turning speed.

Eamon

If you're really turning at 5.5 tps you'd have very good efficiency (8.5*5.5=46.75).
And considering your F2L is "almost pauseless" and you average <50 moves per solve the only thing that is hindering you is raw turning speed.
yeah, i guess my turning speed is definitely slower, I can feel myself not turning very fast while i am solving

I currently average low to mid 8 for 3x3, and I am considering how can I to sub 8. My scenario: my F2L is almost pauseless, and I can plan first F2L pair every single time. All my OLL algs are all sub 1.2. All my PLL algs are all sub 1.4. I hope someone can give me some tips to improve. Any help is appreciated.
I think you should focus on TPS and learn more f2l algs for bad cases.

Zubin Park

Sorry for not responding, was away for a while and saw so many chats... gotta catch up

My guess is, you need to Collection some more experience. The main concept of cubing is to learn Full CFOP, turning pauseless and Then u need to increase your tps. Maybe learn some more algs like ZBLL Ort some multislot, but thats how it Works.

abunickabhi

Staff member
WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree that practicing lefty moves are very useful. I drilled lefty F2L algs, which really helped with my F2L because I could mirror algs well.
Yep I agree, doing lefty algs helped me a lot to improve two handed solving in CFOP.
In Roux, lefty and righty M moves flexibility helps a lot, I only use left hand for M slices.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
LOL, the poll will disappear tomorrow
This is kinda off topic i guess, but why don't people use HAHAHAHEHEHEHEHOHOHOHO instead of LOL, it is much more expressive and understandable.
Getting back on topic, I'm excited to see what you think about 1-Look LL vs 2-Look LL.