• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help Cutting Times (Average Sub 20)

Arcanist

I am currently averaging sub 20 and I was wondering what I need to work on.
My cross is about 3-4 seconds.
F2L is about 9-11 seconds
LL is about 5
I know full OLL and PLL but I just learned OLL so sometimes I forget the alg. I can sometimes predict all of cross but I'm still working on that.
For F2L I have only learned
any help would be appreciated.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
LL is about 5
I know full OLL and PLL but I just learned OLL so sometimes I forget the alg. I can sometimes predict all of cross but I'm still working on that.
Learn to plan your entire cross in inspection

Improve F2L. If you want specifics on how to improve it, post a YouTube video of a normal Ao5 for you for it to be critiqued

Drill your algs, and also get comfortable with all your OLLs

Learn 2-sided PLL recognition

OldSwiss

Learn to plan your entire cross in inspection
As sub30 i'm maybe the wrong one to give you tips but my cross takes about the same time and I also think that my cross is to slow ;-)

As far as I know, the cross should take no more than 10% of the full solve time.
Planing the full cross in inspection not only gives you the one or two seconds you win with this, but also a better start into F2L.
But it is hard to learn. I can do it for the easier cases but not for the 7 or 8 move crosses

LL is about 5
You're doing better than I am, so I think you should just keep working on F2L, memorizing OLL, and perfecting PLL. How fast you do the cross is amazing to me. When I'm unlucky, it'll take me about 10 seconds to do the cross. LOL :)

Arcanist

You're doing better than I am, so I think you should just keep working on F2L, memorizing OLL, and perfecting PLL. How fast you do the cross is amazing to me. When I'm unlucky, it'll take me about 10 seconds to do the cross. LOL :)
yeah i think now I have oll down ok but sometimes it takes awhile to recognize the case. jperm has some good cross videos.

Anthonycube

WCA
2021TIGH01
Definitely improve cross. If you're not colour neutral I'd recommend it. Make sure you are not solving one piece at a time!! Try to get cross Around 6 moves on average and plan it all in inspection. Also try to improve f2l and make sure to have only one rotation at most per f2l case, and some solutions that you use one rotation for can sometimes be solved with none. Your LL is fast so I wouldn't worry about that. Also when you get your average to 17/18 and are comfortable with your f2l solutions try to implement lookahead. Best of luck!!

Arcanist

Definitely improve cross. If you're not colour neutral I'd recommend it. Make sure you are not solving one piece at a time!! Try to get cross Around 6 moves on average and plan it all in inspection. Also try to improve f2l and make sure to have only one rotation at most per f2l case, and some solutions that you use one rotation for can sometimes be solved with none. Your LL is fast so I wouldn't worry about that. Also when you get your average to 17/18 and are comfortable with your f2l solutions try to implement lookahead. Best of luck!!
im duel color neutral