• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello Speedsolving Community

Habsen

WCA
2020HABE01
Hi, my name is Philipp. I'm an aspiring speedcuber from Berlin, Germany. After learning how to solve a cube a couple of years ago and losing interest, I re-started in late 2018. Until today I improved my global 3x3 average to 22s. I have also been practicing 4x4, 5x5 and OH lately to make cutoffs at my first competition in January. I am especially interested in blindfolded cubing. I got my first successful 3BLD attempt in September and worked my way up to a 5/5 MBLD PB two months later.

I am happy to join this community. I already got a lot of useful information from the forums. Unfortunately, I don't know any serious cubers in my region and couldn't share my thoughts, achievements, etc so far. But this is going to change now ...

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Hi, my name is Philipp. I'm an aspiring speedcuber from Berlin, Germany. After learning how to solve a cube a couple of years ago and losing interest, I re-started in late 2018. Until today I improved my global 3x3 average to 22s. I have also been practicing 4x4, 5x5 and OH lately to make cutoffs at my first competition in January. I am especially interested in blindfolded cubing. I got my first successful 3BLD attempt in September and worked my way up to a 5/5 MBLD PB two months later.

I am happy to join this community. I already got a lot of useful information from the forums. Unfortunately, I don't know any serious cubers in my region and couldn't share my thoughts, achievements, etc so far. But this is going to change now ...
Wow, your pretty fast! I think that’s really cool you have a 5/5 MBLD pb.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01

Herzlich Willkommen Phillip! It is great to have you here, and nicely done with you BLD success.

There are plenty of other German cubers here on the forums, although I only know a few off the top of my head: @Mischiiii @fun at the joy @ichcubegerne to mention a few.

WCA
2019GALE02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Welcome to the Speedsolving Forums! It's quite cool how you started learning blind early on. Most new cubers (or restarting cubers in your case) would usually just stick to NxN's or side events, so I think it's awesome that you can do blind. I hope that your competition goes well, and I hope you continue to stay in the community. Also, just a quick question -what events are you competing in at our upcoming competition? Ok, bye.

WCA
2019HENK01
Welcome Philipp!
Your first comp is Berlin Winter Cubing 2020, right? I am also coming and BWC was my first comp this year.
I am from MV btw.
Also BLD is really cool, I also have a 5/5 MultiBLD PB which I got in May. What do you average in BLD?

Habsen

WCA
2020HABE01
Also, just a quick question -what events are you competing in at our upcoming competition?
I want to do 2x2 - 5x5, OH and 3BLD. Unfortunately, there is no MBLD. I also wanted to do Megaminx and 7x7 but I am far away from the cutoff times, so I will focus more on the other events.

Habsen

WCA
2020HABE01
Welcome Philipp!
Your first comp is Berlin Winter Cubing 2020, right? I am also coming and BWC was my first comp this year.
I am from MV btw.
Also BLD is really cool, I also have a 5/5 MultiBLD PB which I got in May. What do you average in BLD?
Yes, it's Berlin Winter Cubing. I am looking forward to see you there.
My 3BLD PB is 2:26. I average sub 3 when I go fast, however, with accuracy of less than 50%. When I take more time, I can reach around 70% success rate in 3:30 to 4:00mins.
What's do you average in 3BLD? And are you practicing blind events a lot?

WCA
2019HENK01
Yes, it's Berlin Winter Cubing. I am looking forward to see you there.
My 3BLD PB is 2:26. I average sub 3 when I go fast, however, with accuracy of less than 50%. When I take more time, I can reach around 70% success rate in 3:30 to 4:00mins.
What's do you average in 3BLD? And are you practicing blind events a lot?
My BLD PB is 1:24.
I guess I average around sub-2, maybe 2:10 if I go safe. I've always wanted to practice more BLD but haven't actually done it. I learned M2 for edges a while ago but haven't used it actually (I am probably really lazy).
BWC will be the first time I compete in BLD, I hope for a mean and obviously round 2. You need to have a solve under 3:00min to qualify for round 2 so you may get that.
I also plan on buying 15 YLM for MBLD somewhen to start practicing Multi. All in all I've only done less than 10 attempts > 2 cubes over the last 7 months so there is a lot of improvement possible.
I also want to learn 4BLD in the next holidays and get it down to at least sub-10 (Idk what's doable)

Mischiiii

Wow sounds really good. Nice achievements for such a small amount of time. Also I’m glad that theres another cuber from Germany joining here. Sadly I live in NRW near Winterberg. I would love to have some kind of local community myself. Although my Pb is only 38,11sec. We need to make cubing more popular.

Habsen

WCA
2020HABE01
My BLD PB is 1:24.
I guess I average around sub-2, maybe 2:10 if I go safe. I've always wanted to practice more BLD but haven't actually done it. I learned M2 for edges a while ago but haven't used it actually (I am probably really lazy).
BWC will be the first time I compete in BLD, I hope for a mean and obviously round 2. You need to have a solve under 3:00min to qualify for round 2 so you may get that.
I also plan on buying 15 YLM for MBLD somewhen to start practicing Multi. All in all I've only done less than 10 attempts > 2 cubes over the last 7 months so there is a lot of improvement possible.
I also want to learn 4BLD in the next holidays and get it down to at least sub-10 (Idk what's doable)
I think sub-2 is quite good considering that you are probably using OP/OP. I learned M2 right in the beginning which was a little frustrating, but once you get it it's really fast, especially with some enhancements.
Second round is my goal for BWC. I am confident to reach that as long as I keep improving.
I also bought 12 YLMs to start with bigger MBLD attempts. It seemed a little too much in the beginning, but I can already do attempts with nine cubes within the hour. So, I'll probably (hopefully) need some more, soon.