• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hello! Progress help please?

Chipmonk8

i have been cubing for about 3 weeks.
I do about 15 solves on weekdays and about 40 on weekends.
I have a dayan zhanchi and recently broke a 1 minute average of 12.
I normally get around 1 or 2 sub 50 seconds on each average on 12 and have a lucky pb of 36 seconds.
I use intuitive f2l and advanced cross but use beginner oll and pll.
My questions are am i behind or ahead of where I should be by now?
and what should I do/learn to progress more?
Any help is appreciated

solvelecewbe

The method you use, got me down to about 30 seconds, so you should focus on f2l. Pll and Oll recogniton comes wtih practice.
You're ahead of where you should be methodwise, and a bit faster speedwise.

ThePhenomenal

I´ve been cubing for about 2 months and im on about the same speed, 50 average or something with a stickerless dayan guhong (think its defected). From what i´ve looked around the forum and youtube tutorials you should focus on looking ahead, that means solve f2l pairs slowly but steadily without stopping to search for another pair. Speed-wise its pretty impressive.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
For two months you are doing great! Work on your F2L. Use minimal cube rotations and LOOK AHEAD. Look ahead can only improve, it never can be perfect. Once you work on that. Move onto 2-look-OLL. I believe it is 7 algorithms, that are very easy and will help your times. Then once you have worked on that learn 2-lool-PLL this like 6 (?) algs. All very useful. Then of course move onto full PLL and so on. All while working on your F2L. Thats the major chunk to work on. Slow solve will help.
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM

WCA
2012ROCK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not that bad. I'm going to share my experience on what I did I was sub 30 in 2 months.
So when I was about one minute I knew two look PLL got down to 45 sec started to learn f2l.
After getting good at f2l I was at 45 secs.
Started learning two look oll
Got down to about 40 sec.
Worked on f2l got to 35
And then it just came to practice.
Then got sub 30.
Btw the reason I fill I got sub 30 that fast was because I did 25 to 100 solves a day everyday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not that bad. I'm going to share my experience on what I did I was sub 30 in 2 months.
So when I was about one minute I knew two look PLL got down to 45 sec started to learn f2l.
After getting good at f2l I was at 45 secs.
Started learning two look oll
Got down to about 40 sec.
Worked on f2l got to 35
And then it just came to practice.
Then got sub 30.
Btw the reason I fill I got sub 30 that fast was because I did 25 to 100 solves a day everyday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm like you. Except I learned F2L and then OLL / PLL that week. I was determined for sub 30 and I got it in less than a month haha then I was in mid 20s for a while and then finally broke sub 20 this week. So to answer OP, speed comes with time. You might progress slower or faster than some. Don't worry about it.