• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello guys

Elis

I'm Eliz,and I'm really a beginner like I'm just sub 50 :( .Buy yaa I know this platform will really help me.
My biggest problem is that I don't have a practice routine..all I do I just solve few scrambles...like for 1hr.. seriously I'm stuck at 50...so yaa . Idk :|

Hoping for the best

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm Eliz,and I'm really a beginner like I'm just sub 50 :( .Buy yaa I know this platform will really help me.
My biggest problem is that I don't have a practice routine..all I do I just solve few scrambles...like for 1hr.. seriously I'm stuck at 50...so yaa . Idk :|

Hoping for the best
I would suggest starting to learn a speedsolving method like CFOP or Roux. There are many online tutorials( I personally suggest CFOP), and you will see improvement in no time!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

Hoping for the best
Welcome! Sub 50’s already the first step (you’re here and solving a cube after all), with proper practice/learning an ‘advanced method’/and so on, you should be able to lower that. Sub 50 through sub 30 generally goes by pretty fast if there’s consistent practice, so dw about that.
I’d suggest getting an online timer, whether it be on your phone/computer, or such. I use chaotimer for IOS, personally.

Do you use beginner’s method/something else currently? At this stage, just practice will lower your times.
sorry for wall of text

voidrx

Hoping for the best
Welcome! I'm guessing you use CFOP?

Elis

I would suggest starting to learn a speedsolving method like CFOP or Roux. There are many online tutorials( I personally suggest CFOP), and you will see improvement in no time!
Well I'm using beginners cfop :| and seriously I don't find any improvement.....only from sub 60 to sub 50
But anyway I'll try

Welcome! Sub 50’s already the first step (you’re here and solving a cube after all), with proper practice/learning an ‘advanced method’/and so on, you should be able to lower that. Sub 50 through sub 30 generally goes by pretty fast if there’s consistent practice, so dw about that.
I’d suggest getting an online timer, whether it be on your phone/computer, or such. I use chaotimer for IOS, personally.

Do you use beginner’s method/something else currently? At this stage, just practice will lower your times.
sorry for wall of text
I use cstimer and beginners cfop
Thanks for the motivation: )

Welcome! I'm guessing you use CFOP?
Yeah...beginners cfop

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Hoping for the best
If you don't already use it, learn CFOP. It will take you on a wonderful journey from intuitive F2L and beginners last layer to Advanced F2L, solving the last layer in one step, and being able to memorize over 1000+ algorithms.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Hoping for the best
Yo welcome

voidrx

Well I'm using beginners cfop :| and seriously I don't find any improvement.....only from sub 60 to sub 50
But anyway I'll try

Yeah...beginners cfop
Have you ever thought about using a different/better method?

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Have you ever thought about using a different/better method?
You make it sound like CFOP is an inferior method to others. Not to start a method debate, but it’s very obviously a proven fact that CFOP and Roux are the best methods for speedsolving. Mehta and Nautilus have a ton of potential, but they just haven’t had enough time to be proven yet.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
You make it sound like CFOP is an inferior method to others. Not to start a method debate, but it’s very obviously a proven fact that CFOP and Roux are the best methods for speedsolving. Mehta and Nautilus have a ton of potential, but they just haven’t had enough time to be proven yet.
I would definitely say they’re the most proven to be good.
Tbh, unless you’re going for world record times (and even then, the solver’s fluidity matters a lot too), the only qualification that should stop you from picking a certain method is if you find it fun or not.
CFOP may or may not be the easiest to learn and progress fast with (and for most, that‘s a sold deal) but one of the reasons I personally started using Petrus over two years ago, was for being somewhat unique lol. It took me over two months to kind of learn it (though I never thought to ask someone for help), but the process of trying out stuff and figuring the blockbuilding out was worth it for me, imo.

voidrx

I didn't mean to portray it that way.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
But anyway I'll try

Yeah...beginners cfop
Obviously, switching new methods doesn’t instantly lower times, but it’s better in the long run. (10 seconds improvement is still good)