• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Norway

I picked up cubing a couple of months ago, and İm having a blast doing ut. I dont have the most impressive solve list but, I'll get there eventually.
Reason I started cubing iş because I had a traumatic head i jury that left me with bad visual memory so I use cubing to try and train those parts of my brain UP again

nonoperez

Welcome to the cubing world, I hope you recover soon. Be careful, speedcubing is very addictive!

A piece of advice, get a good cube. There are cheap good ones and in the beginning it helps a lot.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I picked up cubing a couple of months ago, and İm having a blast doing ut. I dont have the most impressive solve list but, I'll get there eventually.
Reason I started cubing iş because I had a traumatic head i jury that left me with bad visual memory so I use cubing to try and train those parts of my brain UP again
Well I’m sorry to here that. I hope you get better soon! What do yo average.

Karwan

i hope you recover soon. welcome! memorizing algorithms is a great way to train imo. i enjoy it a lot and it feels very good when you finish memorizing an algorithm.

I avereag zilch at the moment but I'll get there. I havent started memorizing algs from YT or anywhere actually. I try to figure out the solves on my own. Which explains why I've only ben avle to solve a 2x2 and that pillowed 2x2 tetrahedron. I have a fair amount og different 3x3 and 3x3 shapemods. IMG_20191018_075335.jpg

i hope you recover soon. welcome! memorizing algorithms is a great way to train imo. i enjoy it a lot and it feels very good when you finish memorizing an algorithm.
The damage iş permanent but the brain iş an incredible machine that makes New pathways where others are broken, so my hopes are high that my visual memory will be as good or close to as good as it was before.

Welcome to the cubing world, I hope you recover soon. Be careful, speedcubing is very addictive!

A piece of advice, get a good cube. There are cheap good ones and in the beginning it helps a lot.
Is there a specific cube you would recomend?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so around 25 dollars. On the Cubicle, you can get a Moyu Weilong GTS2M for that much, which is my current main, and the previous flagship from Moyu. But of course, do your research! If you don’t want to spend too much, there are loads of budget cubes from Yuxin, YJ, etc :). And also the Weilong line might not be best for you. You could try the Valk Power for around that price (on a sale, get for 20 dollars now), which some people prefer.

Ok so around 25 dollars. On the Cubicle, you can get a Moyu Weilong GTS2M for that much, which is my current main, and the previous flagship from Moyu. But of course, do your research! If you don’t want to spend too much, there are loads of budget cubes from Yuxin, YJ, etc :). And also the Weilong line might not be best for you. You could try the Valk Power for around that price (on a sale, get for 20 dollars now), which some people prefer.
Thank you. I'll see what I can find now that you've given me a "starting point"