• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Illinois

Rob206

Hi I'm completely new to cubing. I got hooked watching YouTube videos last night and decided this is a hobby I definitely want to get into. Haven't even bought my first cube yet but I'm going to Walmart today just to grab a rubik's to start with while I decide what I want to order. Here are the 4 on my list and I'll probably just pick one to start
MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS3
MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS3 M
GAN 356 Air S
GAN 356 Air Master
Any other recommendations would be great. Thanks

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello and welcome to the forums!
The mf3rs3, magnetic or otherwise, is a really great cube. I got one a week ago and broke my official PB with it. It's also on the less expensive side, so in the event that you find the hobby is not for you, you won't have lost too much money.

There's also a competition in Peoria that you might want to consider going to. Competitions are great ways to meet people and get some face to face advice or just to hang out and solve cubes together.

Also, in the event that you want to get faster, I would highly advise you to look at this thread on choosing a speedsolving method.

There are loads of other events that you might consider getting into, such as 2x2, 4x4, one handed, and megaminx. Most of the current puzzles that are coming out are pretty good so it's hard to go wrong.
I'll stop now so I don't overwhelm you. I hope you enjoy your time on the forums!

Rob206

Hello and welcome to the forums!
The mf3rs3, magnetic or otherwise, is a really great cube. I got one a week ago and broke my official PB with it. It's also on the less expensive side, so in the event that you find the hobby is not for you, you won't have lost too much money.

There's also a competition in Peoria that you might want to consider going to. Competitions are great ways to meet people and get some face to face advice or just to hang out and solve cubes together.

Also, in the event that you want to get faster, I would highly advise you to look at this thread on choosing a speedsolving method.

There are loads of other events that you might consider getting into, such as 2x2, 4x4, one handed, and megaminx. Most of the current puzzles that are coming out are pretty good so it's hard to go wrong.
I'll stop now so I don't overwhelm you. I hope you enjoy your time on the forums!
I was looking at the speedsolving methods. There's a lot more to this than I thought. I'm not too sure which one to go with. Wheres is the best place to find algorithms? Is there a book you recommend, or just online? Wiki, this site, YouTube etc.

Mtcuber

Hi I'm completely new to cubing. I got hooked watching YouTube videos last night and decided this is a hobby I definitely want to get into. Haven't even bought my first cube yet but I'm going to Walmart today just to grab a rubik's to start with while I decide what I want to order. Here are the 4 on my list and I'll probably just pick one to start
MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS3
MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS3 M
GAN 356 Air S
GAN 356 Air Master
Any other recommendations would be great. Thanks
I don't think you should start with the air or master