• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Cleveland

sitnaltax

Hello everyone--

I've been cubing since 2018 but am just now signing up for this forum. I get most of my cubing news/discussion from reddit which is usually more convenient.

I'm a little older than most (41) and I have a 2022 goal to hit sub-20. I currently average 21-22 but have been plateauing for a while.

One impetus to sign up is that I recently got some new cubes, and I have enough older, nice ones that I don't much use that it's probably worth the trouble to sell them--so hope to see a post about that in a few days.

Thanks for having me aboard!

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone--

I've been cubing since 2018 but am just now signing up for this forum. I get most of my cubing news/discussion from reddit which is usually more convenient.

I'm a little older than most (41) and I have a 2022 goal to hit sub-20. I currently average 21-22 but have been plateauing for a while.

One impetus to sign up is that I recently got some new cubes, and I have enough older, nice ones that I don't much use that it's probably worth the trouble to sell them--so hope to see a post about that in a few days.

Welcome! F2L/PLL are the most important steps to accomplish on the cube, so getting advanced F2L/Full PLL with two-side recognition will definitely help out a lot.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone--

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

sitnaltax

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

The areas of improvement I'm working focusing on are:

* Crosses: I am currently wasting a lot of time here, need to improve this
* F2L: Almost every case that doesn't involve a misslotted piece is pretty good. Unfortunately the way I handle those isn't very good yet.
* F2L also: my fingertricks are bad and I regrip a lot.
* PLL: I have 2-sided recognition in all but a few cases (A vs. G perms, etc) but I currently botch PLLs more than I should (1 in 20 solves, maybe?) and obviously that's a disaster when it happens. I need to get better at turning fast but not making mistakes, and also predicting AUF for a sweet half-second cost savings.

Learning to U2-flick, and then replacing that in a bunch of algs, would probably also help